Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend festivities

Sam and I went to see Batman on Fri night. It was good. The effects were awesome. I want the batcar. And Christian Bale is a cutie patootie. I really like him as batman. I think I prefer the serious Batman over a campy Batman. And YES I do think Heath Ledger gave an oscar winning performance. I tried to get Sarah to go the movie with us but once again she showed her teenage side. She agreed to go to the movies but would rather have a friend come along and go to a different movie. So her and Nicole (Lee's daughter) went to see Journey to the Center of the Earth. They said it was good and they had a good time hanging out.

Sat we slept in until about 9:30am. That is a rarity. Actually for me it never happens. My body clock usually has me up early. I did wake at 5:10 but laid there looking out the window and thinking about nothing in particular when all of a sudden I woke and looked at the clock and it was 9:01. Wow. The house was quiet. Animals and kids and Sam were snoozing. I snuggled back into bed until about 9:30 when my back was starting to beg me to get up out of bed.

We went to a family reunion in the afternoon. It was good. Nothing more to report on that other than the attendance has fallen off over the last couple of years. My grandmother was officially the oldest relative there at 88 and my cousin's daughter at 23 days old was the youngest. My cousins who host the party live on a lake with a very nice private beach. We had a good relaxing visit. And NO RAIN for the first time in about 5 years.

Sat evening I vacuumed and cleaned the pool. I scrubbed that sucker, for the 3rd time this year because of algea. After it was thoroughly scrubbed I double shocked it and dumped in the maximum amount of algicide. All to no avail. On Sunday afternoon it was still green and the fuzzy algea was building up on thwe stairs again. To say I was pissed off is an understatement. I swore at that sonafabitching pool. I hate it. I want to take an ax to it. It SUCKS and I HATE IT!!!!!. I hope it dies.

Lucy has decided that Sarah's bed is the place to be. She is in there ALL THE TIME unless she wants to eat or eliminate. I have gone in and laid with her. And she likes that. I have brought her into my room but she only hangs out about a min then runs back to Sarah's room. At least she has come out of the basement. Maybe in the days and weeks to come she'll venture out of Sarah's room too. The other children in the house have acclimated to her. Shelby barks and plays with her and she seems more receptive to that. Doesn't mean she likes it though.

We went to a memorial service for a friend of the family who passed in June. It was nothing formal. Just a big-ass party. I do wish there had been a few words spoken but we dide have a chance to offer condolences and share memories so it was all good. He was great friends with my father in law and I used to have loads of fun listening to their stories. It was a shock and his wife is barely getting through the day. He was one day past 64, much too young. But I guess you just never know.

Last night was the newest episode of Ice Road Truckers. (sorry Mindy but I can't help but love that show) And today...back to the grind.

2 comments:

jackie said...

oooh, I don't know "Ice Road Truckers" what channel?---soundslike some thing I'd like

Mindie said...

It's ok...you are entitled to Ice Road Truckers. I watch SpongeBob even when the kids aren't around. We all have our quirks, lol. :)