Monday, August 11, 2008

6 days

That's how many days I worked last week.

The 6th day was the hardest. I helped out a friend who has a catering business. 200 vulchers wedding guests, small hall, medium size kitchen, screaming aching feet. Yeah that was my day but it was fun and I would do it again. I may do it again. I'll wear sneakers next time, no dumb high heels.

Saturday night I watched the Olympics. I have to say men's gymnastics is to me what football is to just about every guy on Earth. I LOVE IT. I was on the edge of my seat watching the Americans. OMG.....those guys are sooo ripped. Amazing. I could watch men in tights over and over again.

Last night Sam rubbed my back to help me fall asleep. Someone needs to tell him that spanking my ass does not induce sleep.

It has rained and rained and rained and rained and rained and rained and rained and rained and rained and rained. OK you get the point. I did finally get my pool completely cleaned and the water is now crystal clear. In July it was 90 degrees, the pool was green and we couldn't swim. In Aug it is 60 degrees, the pool is so clear that when the pump is off you can hardly see the water and we STILL can't swim. It's so lovely having a pool.

I started Christmas shopping today. I got tickets for Mom, Roger, Sarah and Sam and I to go see Michael Flatley, Lord of the Dance in Nov. To say we are stoked is a HUGE understatement. Check out the video for his amazing style. We saw Riverdance last year but Flatley wasn't with them so it will be awesome to see the King of dance.

Still no word on working from home. I hope to have another conversation this week. Gas and oil prices are down a little but I still want to work from home. It's so much more than the money. It's about the time away from home and wasted time in the car where I'm useless to both home and work. It's about being told I HAD to be FULLY committed to making it work and now that I AM TOTALLY COMMITTED and wanting to work from home, things are on hold. I don't deal well with waiting. I'm the type to whack my own hair because I hate to wait for an appt. I was encouraged to get my proposal done sooner rather than later so it was the usual game of hurry up and wait. So I'll continue to wait and stew in my own juices.

Happy Rainy Monday....Oh yeah, Rainy Days and Monday always get me down.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I look forward to the rain each every day in the summer. In florida the sun goes and the rain clouds roll in late afternoon. The thunder starts followed by pouring pelting rain.

When it is a work day, I find it soothing. When I am home, I fling open the windows, lay down on the bed and listen to the thunder rolling.

Well, until SCM comes in and bitches about water getting in and ruining the enchantment of it all. Bastard.