Thursday, August 14, 2008

I accomplished something

I've had some bouts of laziness. They have been pretty severe as of late.

But not last night. Nope. I got busy.

It's amazing what I can accomplish if I put my mind to it, have a tight time frame and no interruptions.

I FINALLY painted the floor in Heather's old room. Her room is in the basement and had carpeting until it got flooded a year ago. Since that time I have wanted to just paint the floor and put down an area rug. I bought the paint and moved everything out of the room and it sat there. The family room has been over run with stuff that should be stored in Heather's closet. It's been a mess.

Last night Sam texted me to let me know he was working until 6:30 and I thought he would be going to his parents afterwards. I got home at 5:30 and jumped right in. I really wanted to get it completely done before Sam got home. I wanted to surprise him.

He called at 7:15 and I was just finishing up rolling out the floor. I even had time to water all the flowers and start dinner before he got home at 8pm.

In less than 2 hours I totally changed the look and feel of that room. I want to start moving Heather's totes back into her closet tonight. Who knows, maybe if Sam works late again I may be able to get all the totes organized.

Lucy hung around just outside the door as I was painting. She makes me laugh because every time I speak to her she meows back to me. Just like she is carrying on a conversation. She has been missing Sarah, who went to her grandmother's for a few days. I tried to get her to come and sleep on my bed but she high tails it right back downstairs to Sarah's bed.

The sun came out yesterday and it's peeking around today too. I took a walk in the morning and sat in the sun in the afternoon. I'm feeling much better already. My flowers have perked up too.

No comments: