Monday, September 22, 2008

Only at Boo's

Do you own a pig??

Saturday night after Sam and I had hiked all day we decided to have a fire in the pit and just relax. It was a perfect night. Temps were hovering around 60 and no wind. Crickets were chirping and it was just a nice evening.

About 7pm we hear a car come up the driveway. It was dusk so it was hard to see who it was. Sam walked over to the car and I heard him talking to the guy. I meandered over and Sam asked if I knew anyone who had a pig? "No why?" Because there is a pig at the bottom of our driveway. HUH?

Sure enough...when I glanced toward the streetI could see the pig moseying up the driveway. It is a steep drive so he was having a rough time. I knew a couple of neighbors who had raised pigs in the past so I ran in the house. First I grabbed my camera (always have to take advantage of a photo op) then the phone book and my cell phone. BY the time I got back outside the guy was gone and so it seems was the pig. I called several neighbors and finally got one who answered.

"This is Boo from down the road, do you still have pigs?"

"Yeah, why?"

"There was one loose in my driveway"

"What color is it?"

"Pink"

"How big is it?"

I didn't realize it was going to be 20 questions. I don't know how big it is because quite truthfully it was just dusk enough that my eyes may have been playing tricks on me. And that's pretty much what I told her. She said she thought it may be a guys up the road but she didn't know his name. SHe was going to check her own pigs and if one was missing she'd be down and if not....well...then she won't.

The pig must have vaporized because I didn't see him after that. Sam wondered if it belonged to someone on the railroad bed since he had seen a sign up for a pig roast. I told him if that was the case I wasn't helping them find Wilbur.

We kept an eye out yesterday too and still saw nothing. Sam and I both saw the pig in the driveway. At least we think we did.

1 comment:

Brit said...

Hey, I found you! I am with you on the pig front...maybe he finally found his way to freedom! More power to him!