My life is such a jumbled mess. Well, I guess it's not really a mess, it's just jumbled.
I'm in Fall cleaning mode. I've gotten rid of household and clothing items to Good.Will. I took down the webs in the basement heater room and in less than a few days there are more. I didn't see any spiders while I was cleaning yet there are new webs. Sneaky bastids. We are doing work in there sometime real soon so I'll be going down with the vacuum this time. We'll see if they survive this cleaning day.
I got gas the other day for $2.71. I figured out my savings on that one tank of gas from the high of $4.24 was just shy of $20. That is huge. Hopefully the oil will creep down as well. It's come down some but now where near enough.
It's only been a week and a half and already I hate being single. Well-meaning people always "know someone who'd be perfect for you".
I had to laugh the other day. I was talking to one of my rideshare partners. It was just her and I riding that day. I like her, we have a great rapport and I trust her so after invoking the "what is said in rideshare stays in rideshare" rule, I told her the whole story. Every sordid detail. She listened and offered her take and basically just let me mind dump the entire mess. I didn't even ask what she thought about me after because I didn't want to know. But when I was empty, the whole story out, no detail left unexposed she says to me "my brother is single, I think you'd really like him, the only problem is he lives in England right now". I looked at her and burst out laughing. I said "you're kidding right?" At first she just looked at me, not catching on, then she laughed too. She said "well, I'll never threaten to beat you up". After we went separate ways she called and asked if I wanted to join her and her husband for dinner. I guess I don't have to ask what she thinks about me.
My BFF and I had dinner together last night. Chinese, our old standby. No volcano bowl though. I'm too much of a light weight and can't drink that much. Then we wandered around in Walmart for a bit. I think she was just trying to get me out of the house. I hate and love that she knows me so well. She knows that I would just hibernate at home all the time if I could. She is trying to get me to go out with her tonight. Her bro-in-law plays in a band and they are pretty darn good. I took a raincheck for now but I will make sure to make the next gig. They do Mustang Sally better than Wilson Pickett. Seriously.
Shelby and I are climbing the mountain this morning. It's been a few weeks but I've been walking faithfully and furiously at work so hopefully the mtn won't kick my ass too much.
4 comments:
I think you have to work on that urge to stay at home all the time. I am glad you told your story to someone and now you can see she (and probably others) will not reject you because if it.
you and i?
we're gonna be okay
i just know it
(((u)))
Kenju- Even when I'm happy I like to stay home alot. It's just that much worse when I'm blue. I will fight that urge....tomorrow ;-)
Leenie- you betcha we will be F.I.N.E. Fine. Hugs sweetie.
You (and Leen - and I) WILL be fine! I just know it too :)
(((U)))
Post a Comment