Thursday, October 23, 2008

Memorable Face

MT(More Trouble) and I went to Quizno's today for lunch. There were a couple of people in line ahead of us and about a half dozen came in right behind us. MT was getting his meal and he was also picking up subs for Hector and Haggie.

"Can I help the next person in line?"

MT motioned for me to go first. SO I stepped up to the counter. The young girl with the fresh pretty face and her brown hair pulled in a ponytail, smiled and looked at me anxiously. I barely noticed her at the time because I was looking up at the menu.

"I'd like a honey mustard chicken w/bacon"

"Small on wheat?"

"yeah" I was amazed.

"and lettuce but no tomatoes, right?"

Now I was incredulous. I go to Quizno's occasionally but not even once a week. I am a creature of habit and always order the same thing but still. And the place was packed and busy. I was totally amazed.

She could tell I was amazed.

"I thought I remembered your face" She said as she prepared my sub.

Recognizing a face is one thing but remembering exactly what I order is pretty cool.

The same thing happens when Hector and I go to Dunkin Donuts. There is a guy there who always recognizes us and actually has our coffee in the cups before we can even reach the counter. He's cool too because he always gives us the senior citizen discount. Cracks me up every time but Hector has learned to embrace his balding gray haired head. Saving a few cents here and there adds up. (he's really not a senior citizen, heck he's really not even close)

Guess I do have a memorable face.

5 comments:

kenju said...

Hey, I'd take that as a compliment!


I once knew a woman who had prematurely gray hair at about age 45. Every time she went to a fast food place, they'd give her the senior discount. She bitched about it and I said that if a place wanted to give ME a discount, I'd take it - no questions asked!! After that, she took it gladly! LOL

Anonymous said...

That happens to me at the pharmacy and I am not sure if it's good or bad...lol.

~Tracy~

Mindie said...

That is definitely a compliment. I am always amazed when anyone remembers me. It is really strange to me that anyone, anywhere would remember me, especially since I try to melt into the woodwork wherever I go.

Tammy said...

Kenju- I totally agree and so didn't Hector. Plus is has provided great entertainment.

Tracy- I guess it depends on what you're getting at the pharmacy. ;-)

Mindy- I consider myself very average. I'm not a stand out beauty but I'm not an ogre either. This happens to me ALOT. It even happened when I went to an adult toy party. The demonstrator kept looking at me funny and finally asked where she knows me from. Seems we had never met before but I just have a familiar face.

Anonymous said...

That doesn't really happen to me... but I remember when I was in high school, working at the burger king, there were quite a few "regulars" who would come in, and we would always know what they were going to order :) It was fun!