Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The pen is mightier than the sword

Boy is that ever the truth and much more toturous too.

I've had my own words come back to haunt me many times.

I draw comfort from my words. I like to write and express myself in the written word. I like to read what I have written. See what I was feeling. Review how I got to places I shouldn't have been and how I got out of them. Remember the good times.

The one thing I haven't been good at is learning from my mistakes. I can go back and read it. I can see it. But I struggle with learning from it.

I was told this past weekend that I need to let go of the past. I need to let go of those things and people who hurt me. That's where his advice ended and my own to myself began. I am letting go of the past and it's letting go of me. Everything happens for a reason we just don't always see or know what that is. You can't hang on to every "why did this happen?" and "what could I have done differently?" Some things you just have to accept and know that you are better off. Better for going through it and coming through it.

I'm working on letting go of the past. Will it still haunt me occasionally? Most likely. But there will be more and more better days. I don't want to forget the good times (and there were many of them) and I certainly don't want to lose sight of the lessons.

4 comments:

kenju said...

It's always good to let go of the parts that were sad, but not before you learn the lessons from them.

Remember, you are who you are because of what has happened to you. The sad parts are important for becoming who you are meant to be.

Tammy said...

Thanks Kenju. You are so right. Sorry it has been such a roller coaster around here the last week. It's getting smoother.

Anonymous said...

I think Kenju said it best!

Mindie said...

I think Kenju also said it well. Everything that happens to us in our lives is a learning experience, and sometimes, we tend to make the same mistakes more than once or twice before it sinks in. I know that is the case for me, lol. Every day is a new lesson learned. Hang in there, it will get easier. :)