23 degrees this morning. There is a decent frost on the pumpkins this morning. It's toasty in bed though with my little 7 pound heating pad. I slept really good. Fell asleep around 10pm and didn't wake until 6:08am. No pill. Just me, sleeping, on my own. Yay
Shelby had been pressed against my back, under the covers, all night. She has been following me from room to room. She misses Sam and I think she is worried that I will leave too. Amazing how animals know when things are different and how they go through their own little grieving process.
When I glanced outside I could clearly see that it is time to finish digging up the rest of the annual flowers. They are past dead. The old wringer washer with the Bacopa in it is looking very sorry this morning.
My BFF's son went into the hospital on Friday night with a burst appendix. After getting transferred to a different hospital and waiting an excruciatingly long time on Sat, he finally went in for surgery around 4pm. By 9pm he was out of surgery and up and eating. What a relief. He'll be in the hospital a few days but all's well that ends well.
Raven- did you get to keep the deer?
4 comments:
I'm glad you slept well. You have the cutest dog!
Frost on the pumpkin and a change in season - new beginnings. Stay warm and safe.
Kenju- thanks, Shelby has been a great little companion.
Seamus- It's good to see you out in the 'sphere. I'm raising a glass to new beginnings and leaving the whole past in the past.
No, we didn't keep it. Not legal in WA State. D was more concerned with putting it out of its pain.
R
Post a Comment