Monday, November 24, 2008

Elated

That's the only way I know how to describe my mood.

I just can't stop smiling and for no apparent reason.

This weekend has just felt like a turning point.

I went to a craft fair where I got some really awesome spiced carrot jam and I also went to a baby shower.

I chatted with old friends.

Made new friends.

And just overall have a feeling of coming out of the tunnel.

Yeah, I'm still broke and seriously thinking of taking on a part time job and Christmas is going to be very lean. I have talked to numerous family members and we have agreed to very limited gift swapping and in some cases, none at all. We are planning a game night with dinner or maybe a movie night. We are focusing on being together and not the gift part of it. It's a relief.

I'm going out to the Old Port tomorrow night. There is an Irish Pub that has trivia night. My rideshare buddy invited me along and I don't have to work on Wed so I'm game. I finally feel like getting out and doing things. Don't get me wrong...I still am very much a homebody but at least now I'm open to going out. A couple of weeks ago I would have just declined any invitation without a thought. I'm getting so much better.

I am going to my BFF's for Thanksgiving dinner. I got the official invite yesterday at the baby shower. I was told to bring all my extra coinage since there will be poker going on after. (Now I know why I was invited, so they could take all my money)

The other reason I may be elated is because after today I am on vacation!! Yeah it kinda sucks working today but it is also pretty cool having Monday and Friday on the same day.


Still smiling.

3 comments:

Grandma Lola said...

A smiling Boobabe is a very good thing! I'm glad you are coming out of the tunnel sweetie. You deserve to be happy and smiling.
love you (((u)))

kenju said...

Good for you for coming out of that tunnel!! Keep your change in your pocket. I love gambling, too, but when times are lean, I fold 'em! Happy Thanksgiving!

Muse said...

I love me a smiling Boo. ;-)