Yesterday morning I had no plans for Thanksgiving. As of last night I had 2 offers and this morning I had another. 3 offers and the only thing I would have to bring to any of them is my cranberry/orange relish. Still not sure what I'll end up doing. Truthfully I'd rather just stay home and veg out. I'm not moping or pining...just enjoying my time on my own. But I guess since it is a holiday I should make an effort to be social. Years ago the holidays were such a huge thing. My ex and I would put on huge spreads and invite loads of people. We'd party from noon til whenever and loved every minute of it. When we divorced I let him have custody of the parties. It's not that I don't enjoy it all, I just don't enjoy it like I used to. The kids are going to his house for Thanksgiving. I was invited too, which is nice but I'll probably just pop in for some coffee and a slice of pie.
The show was both AWESOME and disappointing. Awesome in that the dancing was amazing. I truly do not know how they can do those things with their legs and feet. I could sit and watch them all day long. But it was disappointing because it was Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance not Michael Flatley, Lord of the Dance. He wasn't there. Mom and I cried our eyes out. Hehe....ok not really but we were disappointed to not get to see him perform. The male lead was incredible though and could easily pass as a young Michael FLatley. It was a great show. We went to Applebee's first for dinner. Sarah thoroughly enjoyed listening to her grandmother's stories. Her giggling got me to laughing too. We had such a good time.
I have started getting into MySpace and Facebook. I have had accounts for awhile but never did anything with them. The other night I was checking out classmates from high school and found a girl I had grown up with. SHe is older than me by a few years. She once beat up a jerky guy who was tormenting me on my way to and from school. I had to walk past his house and he would block me from walking by and push me down. One day I was in tears and afraid to walk home. She offered to walk with me. She put a nice big rock in her purse and off we went. He came out, like he always did and was being his usual jerky self. She warned him to leave me alone. He asked what was she gonna do about it? She showed him. She tackled him and beat him up with her purse. She had him on the ground, letting him have it. I think there was blood but I'm not sure but I do know there were promises to NEVER bother me again and he didn't. She was Wonder Woman to me. It's been 25 years since I have seen her. She is in Tucson, AZ now. It' great to be able to find people lost in the past. I can tell you though that I will not be looking up the jerkface who tortured me and I would not respond if I ever heard from him. Wow....who knew I carried such a grudge? Not I until now. Too funny.
3 comments:
I hope you connect with your wonder woman! I recently joined Facebook, too and it has been fun, so far.
Go to Thanksgiving, take your relish and ENJOY!!
Facebook is close to the most amazing site on the www. I am on it daily, reconnecting with old friends or staying connected to recent friends. Thank you Mark Zuckerberg for the glorious site!
I'm not a big facebook fan but I'm on there cause my girl is. All my classmates are either dead or in assisted living homes. I'm a friend of muse's, come find me. You'll recognize me
Post a Comment