Tuesday, November 11, 2008

So far so good

I packed my stuff and headed out early Monday morning. The weather was ripe for traveling and I left just late enough to avoid tons of traffic. This is the first time I have traveled for business in decades. I am truly flying by the seat of my pants. I packed late. I had directions on how to get to the office but had no idea what it was going to be like. I hadn't even googled where my hotel was. But I've made my way and so far it's been fun.

The office is a huge (to me) maze. I arrived in time for lunch and was asked to join my collegues in the cafeteria. We chatted all the way down there and after a series of twists and turns we arrived but I hadn't left my trail of bread crumbs and couldn't have found my way back if my life depended on it.

The project work went good. I'm hoping to work with a couple of people alot more famaliar with these files than I am to get a better grasp of what I'm looking for.

I was on my own for dinner. I called in to a recommended restaurant for a pasta meal. I decided to eat at the hotel rather than eat out by myself. I was able to find the place and get to my hotel. I set up my laptop and settled in for dinner only to find this upscale italian restaurant hadn't even given me utensils. The hotel gladly obliged.

Speaking of hotels?? Courtyard by Marriott is to die for. The bed is a king size with a pillowtop that was very comparable to my fine luxury at home. I have a 32 in flat screen TV and a small seating area. After I got through dinner and played online for awhile I decided to take advantage of my ammenities and I took a nice bath. It's not a garden tub with jets but it was an oversized tub and just laid in there for close to an hour. I had to turn on the hot water twice to reheat my water that's how much I was enjoying it.

It has been a nice change of pace. I had a bit of a tummy ache that started in once I arrived at the hotel but I think it was a result of nerves. I didn't realize I was as nervous about this trip as I was. Once I made it "home" my belly decided to give me the once over. But then all was well.

Hopefully today will go as well and hopefully I will find my way back to the office this morning.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Glad it's going well. The last time I stayed at a Courtyard, the bed was the WORST!

Leen said...

so happy to read that the trip is going well for you! the bed and the bathtub alone may make the trip wonderful, huh?

:)