Monday, December 22, 2008

No Worries

You can all breathe a collective sigh of relief. We WILL have a white Christmas. No doubt about now.

I woke this morning to silence. But it was a good silence. The furnace wasn't running and the wind wasn't howling. It was actually quite light out which meant the storm was over. And it was a nasty one. The temps haven't made it out of the teens but it is still better than sub zero. Took me close to an hour to shovel off the porch and it's a covered porch. That's how bad the wind was. The snow was drifted pretty high. I shoveled out the oil tank too. Can't fall behind on that. I was up a couple of times in the night shoveling off the side porch so Shelby could get her bathroom breaks. The first time I had just opened the door and let her out then went to get my boots and jacket on and in that timeframe she had peed AND pooped on the porch. dogs. She doesn't mind the snow but she is hating this cold weather.

Well it's Dec 22. I guess I have to just bite the bullet and go and get my shopping done. It's not gonna get an better as far as the crowds go or the finances for that matter. I should be able to finish up today. Should be able to.

My Mom is gonna come and have a sleep over with me. I'm excited. I told her we can paint each other's nails and braid each other's hair. She laughed and called me silly. I guess I am considering her hair is quite short. Still it will be fun and I think I can talk her into shopping tomorrow too.

Ok...I have to stop messing around in this blog and get going. I have a TON of things to accomplish today.

5 comments:

kenju said...

If we were gonna have a white Christmas, I'd burrow my head under the covers and not come out until it was all gone!!
Have a merry one anyway!

Tammy said...

Judy, you are welcome to come to Maine for Xmas. We always love to share our wealth of snow!!

Jammie J. said...

I hope you were able to get everything you needed to get done done. Okay, that looks weird, two dones together there. And so does the word "dones".

Moving on.

You're good to your sweet little puppy... shoveling snow so she can do her business in a respectable place. :)

Hope you have a fun sleepover with your mom.

perdido said...

I can't even imagine living with all that winter weather, I can hardly take it here and we really only have it about 4 times during the winter! LOL

jackie said...

hey Merry Christmas from down here in Georgia--hope you have a good vacation too!!