It's de ja vue all over again.
A year ago at this time we had a snow storm. The kids had their first storm day. Today it is snowing and the kids had a 2 hour delay.
It was a year ago today that my sweet Fluffy boy cat went out to play and never came home. I still miss him immensely but we did add another sweet baby to the family this past Summer. Baby Kit was still in the house this morning and Lucy is an indoor cat only so all are present and accounted for.
One of the things that peeves me is when someone jokes with me about something that they clearly know bothers me. If you know that I'm dreading winter and all the burden and cost that comes with it please don't tell me that it is going to be a record setting year for snow and that oil prices are predicted to sky-rocket in the next month and then say "if all that happens it will suck for you". And if you do say that and I get quiet and don't have anything to say please don't ask me what's wrong. And if you are stupid enough to ask and I'm dumb enough to answer and I tell you that it is hurtful to me to have my burdens thrown in my face please don't say "oh geez I was just joking, you are too sensitive". You are right, I can't take a joke.
5 comments:
Glad all babies are present and accounted for honey. And? Whoever said that to you is rude. There is NOTHING funny about winter.
love & hugs boobabe. *muah*
winter can kiss my ass....thought about you when I saw maine got hit....I did a 270 on the interstate in Michigan last nite....woot. fuckabunchawinter
Fuckabunchawinter! I totally agree!! Hang in there Boo :)
I have a friend that will call me when it's snowing just because she knows that it bothers me. I feel like throwing it in her face that I have to drive myself to work through the morning mess when she gets shuttled around by her husband.
It's not the fact that I dislike snow most of the time. It's not the fact that it doesn't bother her. It's that for whatever reason, she has to call me and .... taunt me or something. It's annoying as fuck.
Funnily enough, she has just started driving herself to work this year. We'll see if she gets such a kick out of dealing with messy and dangerous traffic now.
Chris- I saw your new baby and he is adorable. I know George and Gracie. We are the youngest part of the crowd who would know them.
Edgerooski- Winter can kiss my ass too. There are better ways to get your blood rushing than doing cookies on the highway. Just sayin'
Susanne- I'm hanginf sweetie. Wanna join me?
Sky- mean people suck. I hope she is enjoying her snowy commutes. ;-)
Post a Comment