If my head wasn't attached I would forget it somewhere.
This morning it was snowy and just plain crappy. I left a little early to allow time and I was checking the GPS for my ETA. I knew that even with traveling slow I should be mostly on time. I hate being late for rideshare. About half way there I started recalling conversations from almost 2 weeks ago and thought "wow, I don't think anyone is riding today". I almost took a short cut but I wasn't 100% sure I was on my own. Good thing since "S" was waiting for me. I reminded her it was my turn to drive but she needed her car today so she offered me to ride with her. Ok. No prob. Great. Thanks. Yeah....life was grand until we had been on the road a half hour when suddenly it hit me. I was supposed to get my windshield fixed today. What a dork I am. It never even crossed my mind back at the park and ride. She offered to bring me back but by then we were much closer to work than the park and ride. I called and rescheduled. Tomorrow I will have a new windshield. No more pitted window and HUGE crack. Like all the way across the window HUGE crack.
Tonight when I got home I was greeted by my awesome driveway. 500 feet of straight up and covered in slushy snow. After one try I knew I was parking at the bottom and walking up. My headlights stay on for 30 seconds after I turn off the car so I parked in a way that they would shine up the hill to help me in my trek. Since I have been walking and getting stronger I climbed the hill pretty quickly. I was at the top before the lights turned off. I turned back around to make sure they went off. And they did. But the dome light inside the car didn't. Crap!! I walked all the way back down and shut off the dome light. I made sure the car doors were shut tight and locked then walked back up the hill. I was quite impressed with myself. I was a little winded but not bad at all. A few months ago that hill would have killed me the first time around let alone 2 trips up it. I am soooo lucky, I have 4-5 more months of this fun!!
3 comments:
Cracked windshields suck. Glad you're getting it fixed.
Being able to walk your steep driveway TWICE and barely being winded -- awesome.
P.S. re: your previous post? There's always gonna be someone who's insensitive and then blame it on you by saying you're too sensitive. People. * eye roll *
we're dealing with the Cali version of "white christmas" with bunches of fog these days. brrrr! i'm not good in the snow.
(((u))) stay warm!!!
Is it bad that I've always wanted to fuck with people on personals sites? Like create this really woeful female profile but kinda hot of course and see how much $ I could extort from stupid assholes. It is bad isn't it? I'd just rob from the stupid though, I promise.
Post a Comment