And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so?- Dr Seuss
It came without ribbons.
It came without tags.
It came without packages, boxes or bags.
And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before.
What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store?
What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more??
In these times of economic hardship, I think more of us are finding out/remembering that Christmas IS more. And that Christmas really doesn't come from a store. It is the loving and giving spirit that comes from the heart. I was struggling with "how am I going to get gifts" but somehow, someway, just like it always does, things have worked out. And quite nicely too.
I have already been reminded of this a couple of times this season and I can't begin to tell you how blessed and rich I feel.
One of the gifts I have received already came from my BFF. We had agreed to no gift exchange but she went back on her word. She bought me a pumpkin spice diffuser. The reason this is so special is because she has a very low tolerance for scented candles and such but she knows how much I love them. For her to venture into the "smelly" aisle and pick that out for me is truly special.
Another special gift granted to me this holiday season is the amnount of time I have spent with my baby girl. Being almost 17, Sarah has grown into a fine young woman and has a busy life of her own. But her and I have spent quite a few weekends off shopping and having fun together. She makes me giggle so hard sometimes that my belly hurts.
I hope that you all experience that part of Christmas that doesn't come from the store. Time spent with family and friends. Smiles and laughter. Peace and Joy.
Merry Christmas to you, my fine and unfaltering friends.
3 comments:
I couldn't have said it any better. Merry Christmas boobabe, may your Christmas be bright. (((u)))
Merry Christmas sweet Boo. I hope all your holidays dreams and wishes come true.
(((u)))
Merry Christmas. I hope you stayed warm and had a day full of blessing such as you described! :)
Post a Comment