Thursday, January 8, 2009

Creeping Crud and Busy Days

I am in the throes of busiest time at work.
The 12 hour days and lack of sleep are catching up with me.
I have been living off DayQuil for 3 days now.

Yesterday we got a nasty storm and it took me well over an hour and a half to get home. Thank God for Lee, she texted me at 9:30 last night to make sure I made it home ok. Some days it feels like no one would notice if I didn't. I wasn't quite there yet but I was close. She chatted me the rest of the way home.

My ex is laid off. Probably for a month. It's really no big deal because he usually has a bunch of irons in the fire but I couldn't help but wonder if this will affect my child support. I'm not in a very good place for there to be any lax weeks. I'm not in a very good place with it coming in regular.

I haven't walked in almost 2 months. I will be forcing myself out the door today. I need to. I don't know if it's the lack of sunshine or lack of exercise or the lack of human touch that has me feeling so melancholy. I can remedy 2 of those issues with one half hour walk this afternoon. The other will take care of itself in time.

I really hope this cold clears up soon. It has been running it's usual course. Start out with a honking cold sore, have the scratchy, razor feeling in my throat sore throat, yesterday was the runny nose and post nasal drip and today I can feel the beginnings of larangytis. I'm still congested. My head is full of snoogers. I'm leaving work at 5pm today and I'm going home to a hot cup of tea and I'm climbing into bed early.

Oh, speaking of my ex...I almost, kinda sorta gave him a peep show this morning. Not intentionally. I had let Shelby outside at 5:45am then I jumped into the shower. While I was in there I was thinking of how cold it was out and that I had to hurry to go and let her back in. When I stepped out of the shower I toweled off real quick and wrapped my hair in a towel. I decided to run out to the door, in my all together, to let my freezing dog in. As I opened the door I noticed headlights (no not my own). OMG....I'm stark raving lunatic and NAKED. I dashed back into my room and threw on my robe. He came in the house and didn't mention anything so I don't think he saw me. I think he would have said something if he did. It's weird, he used to see me naked all the time and now it was horrifying to even think of him seeing me that way. In my defense, who would have thought there would be anyone in my driveway at 6am??

6 comments:

Marcy said...

LOL ... Boo, as I was reading your blog, I was really feeling sympathetic ... already mulling over my supportive comment to you, then I read about your streaking episode and I nearly burst out laughing! The headlights comment was hilarious!!

Keep your sense of humor ... it'll pull you out of some really tough times. :)

Feel better soon. Load up on anything with Vitamin C!!

Anonymous said...

HAHA Im with Marcy! And what was he doing there at 6am???

kenju said...

HA! I'd probably just have stood there naked like I used to.

Hope your cold is better soon.

JeanMac said...

Hope you feel better fast - I think sore throats are the most painful thing.

Jammie J. said...

I'm glad for your friend, Lee, too. I'd text you to make you feel better, but I don't really know your schedule. :)

HA HA! I laughed about your headlights part, too. And, yeah, what WAS your ex doing at your place at 6 AM ... to tell you he'd been laid off?

I get the horrified part about him seeing you naked, too. I would be absolutely repulsed if my ex were to see me naked. In fact, just the thought of it icks me out.

perdido said...

boo the streaker!