Monday, January 12, 2009

Crying my eyes out




This was the third weekend in a row that I went to the movies and the third time I left the theater with a lump in throat and tears in my eyes.





This weekend was Gran Torino. I would call it:

Great
Funny
Dirty Harry meets Archie Bunker
Touching
Riviting
Sad
Inspiring
Clint Eastwood at his very best, both in front of and behind the camera.

If you don't see any other movie this year you MUST see Gran Torino.


The rest of the weekend was relatively quiet. I lost at cards on Friday night. I did at least win 2 hands so that bolstered my confidence a little. I was so good at losing that they invited me back on Sat but I got the invite late and I was soooo tired that I just stayed home and was in bed and asleep by 9:30. My cold is finally on it's way out to sea. I think the extra sleep time this weekend helped alot.

I also went tanning for the first time in a long time. I was so cold on Sat and it really warmed me up. I miss doing that this time of year. I haven't been because with ride sharing I don't go that way anymore. I was only in for 7 min but I got a little pink and this morning my boobs and butt itched. (aren't you glad you stopped by ???)

5 comments:

Marcy said...

LOL thanks for the visual, Boo!!!

I am beginning to wonder if you and I were sisters separated at birth ... I've been seriously thinking of buying some tanning sessions as well ... my theory: brown fat looks better than white fat. :)

Thanks for the movie review ... putting in on my movie bucket list.

Anonymous said...

So, what other movies made you cry? For us it was Seven Pounds. Grand Torino is sure on the list to see.

Tammy said...

Marcy- Your theory is my theory,

My Sweet Jamus- Benjamin Button and Marley & Me made me cry too. It's been a decent movie season. I haven't seen 7 pounds yet, was it good?

JeanMac said...

Always glad to get a movie review and latest update on "where it itches":) have a good one.

Grandma Lola said...

Glad you're feeling better boobabe. I want to see Gran Torino too, and now even more than ever. (((u)))