I've been a bit blue which I equate to cold. Both my mood and my body have been suffering the effects of Winter. The tanning helped and the itching has eased up. I laid in bed too long this morning to have time to stop and tan again today. When I arrived at work I had something even better than waiting for me. I had a cute little clementine sitting on desk.
I peeled away the rind and starting plopping pieces of it into my mouth. I swear it tasted like sunshine. I was so into my fantasy that when Miss Negativity was rattling on about something or other that was negative, I just sat there, relishing every drop of my Darling Clementine. I was finishing my last piece as she was finishing her story. She stood looking at me like she was waiting for my response. I sat back and with my eyes closed I said "I can imagine that last wedge of clemetine hanging off a glass with a nice fruity drink in it as I lay in a hammock on a tropical beach" She never missed a beat....she started right back up on the rant. I turned toward my desk savoring the last taste of sunshine before I really started my day. Some people will just never experience a positive thing in their life. Real or Imagined.
2 comments:
I know a few like that and I avoid them whenever possible.
In answer to your previous question: Seven Pounds was the best Will Smith movie yet. Warning though, it's a 3 hankie movie - don't see it alone.
Nothing like a little oral sunshine, huh? ;)
Post a Comment