Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Not necessarily eating my words

But I am chewing on a huge piece of humble pie.

They changed our pay schedule from 2X a month to bi-weekly. This change went into effect in 2009. The first paycheck comes out on Friday. Jan 16. One day after the normal 15th paycheck. No big deal right? WRONG! My car insurance comes out on the 15th. I didn't even think of it until last night. I was going to be a day late and about $75 short. I called a friend and she could write a check but that wouldn't help if they placed a hold on it. I called the insurance company to see if they could hold up the draft and that was a big no. I called the bank to see if they could hold the draft until the 16th and again the answer was no. I was going to be charged an NSF fee and possibly a fee by the insurance for a returned check since the money wasn't going to be there until the next day.

After hanging up from my last futile attempt to cover this without a bunch of absorbitant fees I heard a little voice from across the aisle.

"I can help you with that"

Seems Miss Negativity Ray of Sunshine keeps a secret stash of cash for emergencies and she was willing to spot me for a day. I cannot believe it. I am so grateful and humble. Yes, she grates my nerves most some days but this is a very selfless thing for her to do. I told Hector that no matter how irritating things get, I CANNOT say a bad thing about her today.

This favor that she is doing for me has really changed her attitude too. I can see the joy she is taking in being helpful. I think it has made her day almost as much as it has made mine. I am going to give her that joy to feed off from all day long and on Friday I will give her back the money and a huge Thank You.

6 comments:

Grandma Lola said...

Sometimes just when we think we know someone, they do an about face, huh?

Glad it all worked out boobabe (((u)))

Anonymous said...

I had a friend/co-worker help me out in the same way last year. It was awesome, and surprising - and helped me out tremendously.

Yay for her! and YAY for you! :)

and I'd also just like to say, I luv you. Thanks for your comment :)

Marcy said...

Mmmm ... Humble Pie ... one of my favorites! ;)

Anonymous said...

Just shows to go you! Yay for you both!

Celti said...

Excellent :) I always love a happy ending.

perdido said...

now at least you have something you can balance against all the negativity!