Monday, January 5, 2009

It's Monday

Really. It is. I'm so screwed up on the days of the week. I had last Thursday off and then I worked on Sunday. It's crazy what these crazy work hours will do to my crazy mind.

I went to Cumby's this morning for my Pumpkin Spice Capaccino. They had a sign up.
$.99 coffee any size. THe only size cups they had were medium. All four slots had medium cups. Um....they should change the "any" to "med". I would have gladly paid another .50 for a few more ounces of the good stuff. But at least they had lids today. Last Wed they didn't and I balanced my cup all the way to Gray. By then it was gone and no longer an issue. It kinda sucked because it cooled down too fast and I had gone within 10 miles with another 15 to go.

I'm in absolute shock over John Travolta's son Jett. What a sad sad tragedy.

I've found a few new friends in my new haunt. Isn't it funny how easy it is to chat and flirt with someone that you know you are never going to meet? And how hard it can be to get up the nerve to IM the one you do want to meet? I'm still talking to "the guy" but it has been more intermittent. I guess I still would like to meet him but I don't know. We've both been really busy and our chats have been relegated to the passing email and the hope of normal schedules soon.

I've met a couple of women too which has been nice. It's alot easier to weed out the weirdos when you have a posse keeping an eye out. It would seem that I am very normal in that I have the same hopes, dreams, fears and phobias as other women that I don't even know. I really like that site because it's a social network and not just a dating site.

I had a talk with Hector about the flowers. He was very understanding but I could see that it really hurt that there was nothing there from us. He said maybe a year's worth of Dunkin Donuts coffee will help mend his feelings. I said maybe a week's worth then he has to get over it. Haha. (it is still tearing me up though)

I had another dream last night. But this one was really screwed up. I dreamt that Lee was spending the night. SHe was supposed to sleep in my bed but Shelby wouldn't let her on the bed. I was going to sleep on the couch. She said that I could have my bed back since my dog wouldn't allow her into it anyways and she would sleep in the closet. I have no idea why I thought that was ok in my dream but I did and we hunted the entire house for blankets to make up a bed for her, in my closet. She looked like a cacoon in there. After she was all snuggled in I got in my bed and then Shelby went and slept with her in the closet. How weird is that???? I really hope the dreams stop soon so I can get some sleep.

4 comments:

Grandma Lola said...

So sad about jett Travolta. I can't imagine what they are going through. Hope you have a good, solid, dream free sleep tonight honey. (((u)))

Mindie said...

Dreams are such strange things. I have no idea where some of mine come from. Outer space, maybe.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing more about the flirting!!!

As for the Monday thingy, I was all screwed up yesterday as well. My brain felt massively overloaded!

Happy new year to you and yours, Dear.

Cin said...

I feel bad for John Travolta and his family. What an awful thing to go through.

I had to laugh out loud when I read the part about her sleeping in the closet. LOL!!!