It was a really cute movie and had ALOT of truth to it. I sat there through epiphany after epiphany. I couldn't help but laugh throughout. Sarah was cracking up too. She said "I sure hope I don't get this dorky about guys". I sure hope not too but sometimes it just can't be helped.
The general theme of the movie is that there are rules and exceptions to dating/relationships and we all think we are the exception. We read signs. We misread signs. People say nice things to avoid hurting feelings or an unpleasant scene but then those words are believed. For example:
Guy: I had a great time. I'll call you.
Girl: I had a great time too. (and she walks away thinking he's really going to call but in reality he is jumping on the phone to hook up another date)
The girl is thinking "he said he'd call. Why would he say that if he's not going to call? Maybe he lost my my number or got in car accident?"
Even when the signs show the guy is "that into you" sometimes the guy doesn't even realize it. I tell ya...this relationship thing can be a royal pain. The good part of the movie is that Jennifer Aniston's character comes out on the winning side of a relationship. For some reason since Brad dumped her I always want her to find another knight in shining armor even if it is just in a movie.
It was definitely a chick flick. Guys probably won't even "get" most of the inferences but it was still a fun movie. I have come to realize that he may just not be that into me and I just wasn't that into him. Kinda makes me think of J Geils Band:
You love her
She loves him
He loves somebody else
You just can't win.
Not really sure I would recommend the movie for the theater but would definitely be a fun rental.
3 comments:
I think i'll have to rent it then! It's sooo true - like speaking a different language, but you only know SOME of the words.
And I LOVE that song!!
<3
i was wondering how that movie turned out. i'll have to wait/watch it when it comes out on dvd. thanks for the review!
:)
I want to see it. It sounds like the history of my dating life before mr. kenju.....LOL
Post a Comment