Every year around this time I get to feeling weepy and overwhelmed and just downright depressed. It always seems quite without it's own explanation but I guess some losses just keep creeping up on you. And this one does just that. Pudge and I were close growing up. All of the cousins on my Mom's side were. We were together all the time so we were raised more like brothers and sisters. When we were grown he went his way. Joining the Air Force. The world belonged to him. He has lived in many States including WA and HI and GA and CT and spent some time in Thailand. I stayed put. Right here in Maine. It took me 39 years to board a plane and when I did it wasn't to go and see him but through fate and coincidence he lived very close by to a blog buddy that I was going to see. After more than 20 years apart (infrequent visits in between) we spent a most glorious afternoon and evening together. We sat for hours in his sitting room overlooking Puget Sound. Talking. Catching up. Confessing sins. Laughing til we cried. Crying til we laughed. I am so very grateful for that trip. It meant so much to me. I met so many wonderful people (Hoss, Seamus, Buffledog, My Best Bud just to name a few) and I reconnected with family.
My good friend Hoss who was so philisophical had this to say about loss:
When you can't do something about something, let it go. Say to yourself, "So it goes," and get on with your life.
Yup...so it goes
PS....Sarah is doing great. She is just about fully recovered.
8 comments:
Having a helluva time of it aren't ya?
Yeah March has pretty much sucked. Thank GOd for this outlet so I don't mope so much on my "real" life.
Hey girl ... I know I haven't commented lately, but I am reading .. just know that. Keep saying "so it goes" ... and mean it .... that's wonderful advice. ((hug))
Some never are never far from our thoughts and hearts even after they're gone, huh? I'm so glad you had that lovely time with Pudge to hold close to your heart now.
So glad to hear your sweet girl is doing well too.
(((u)))
Isn't there a saying that March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb? Here's hoping your March becomes very lamb-like soon.
I hear you. My 20-year-long neighbors recently lost their house, then yesterday their 36 year old daughter. I am holding my breath.
I miss Gene. Thanks for the great e-mail and I hope things improve. Spring is coming and with it, a breath of fresh air.
Hoss and I were a lot alike in that respect. I'm always telling my kids that if you can't do something about a problem, just don't worry about it and hope that it will sort itself out in time. And so it goes.....
indeed.
Just hold on... (hugs)
Post a Comment