Well....it's official- we made it through Winter. Yay!
The roommate interview went good. I have a couple of phone calls to make today but I think by next week I will have a roommate.
It is a he. I was very leery. I heard about him through a friend of a friend. He was supposed to come over Wed night but cancelled. I live an hour from where he works so it will be quite a haul. I was very honest with him on how much it costs me to travel. We talked gas, tolls, wear and tear, time. He said that he had another person that may have a room who was closer so he wanted to call them. I was actually relieved. It's such a big step for me that if he backed out it would have been a relief. But then he called and asked if he could still at least check out the place. Relief turned back into panic. Haha...I am such a silly. Turns out the other guy is a smoker, wanted way too much money for a single room and has a girlfriend who can be a bit of a biotch.
All day I was secretly hoping the guy would creep me out and I could make some lame excuse and back out. But that so wasn't the case. He is really nice. Quiet, easy going and has a schedule that is such that I won't see him much. And he's cute...not that that is a criteria. I showed him the room and the rest of the house. I told him what was included (internet, satallite TV, AC and pool in summer, laundry facilities and some storage space) and what isn't included (food and sex). He was good with that. He has a good sense of humor. And we have another mutual friend on Facebook. That friend is a girl I have known since I was 5. I'm calling her today to find out how she knows him and what she thinks. The vetting process became a bit easier with that information. Also he's NOT on the sexual predator list! Yay!
I had a conversation with Sarah and she is ok with it. She didn't even really show any interest other than will she have to go back to her old room and the answer was no so she didn't care either way. I told Heather of my plan and she was good too. Now I just have to tell their Dad.
Can you believe it is finally Spring!! I am feeling so good!
6 comments:
I hope that works out for you. And Happy Spring back atcha!
That is really cool! A roommate like that sounds like he will be good. I am glad you are doing well!
Happy Spring boobabe. Hope it all works out well with the new roommate. (((u)))
This is a great idea. I always think it's so silly to have a house large enough to share and go it alone! Yeah, I hope he is just the right person.
Wow, this is a big step for you, isn't it? And your potential roommate, too. If it happens, I hope it all goes smoothly. Sounds like you've researched it all...:)
Happy Spring... did you ever think it'd get here?
I'm actually glad he didn't creep you out. This could help you both. Good luck! :)
Post a Comment