Monday, March 23, 2009

Ax Murderer

Phone calls made, all checked out. He's in.

My mom was a bit nervous about my arrangement. I'm 42 years old but my Mom still has to make sure I'm ok. She is a such a silly sometimes.

"Are you sure he's ok? Ya know he could be an ax murderer"

She's concerned. I told him and he immediately offered to meet her right away.

"I don't know if I can put her mind at ease but I'm willing to try"

He's turning out to be a real sweetheart.

So we had it set up for Mom and Sarah to meet him yesterday. The meeting went well. We all made small talk and it felt easy. I had the race on the TV so Mom was happy. Roomie isn't much into Nascar so he and I were in the kitchen working out more arrangements. I asked if he wanted to stay for dinner....I was throwing burgers on the grill. He accepted. As I was going out to the porch to fire up the grill I looked in on Mom in the living room. She was sound asleep on the couch. I guess Roomie passed muster since Mom was relaxed enough to fall asleep. I told him that he must be in since she dared to fall asleep with the ax murderer in the house.

He moves in Thursday.

I have gotten so lazy. It is so much easier to write a one line status update in Facebook than it is to put together a post in here. I'll try not to let this place be so neglected.

6 comments:

Marcy said...

I always enjoy your posts here ... in fact, you were the first blog I read EVER back before I joined ... so keep posting, girl!

Hmm .... I can't recall if you said or not ... Is Roomie single? .. I'm just sayin ... ;)

kenju said...

Good luck with the roomie, your mom and the blog....LOL

Grandma Lola said...

I'm addicted to twitter for the same reason. It's quick. lol Glad the roomie is a good guy. (((u)))

Mindie said...

I always like your posts, too. :)

My mom is the same way. I'm 40, and she still has to call to check on me every day. Sometimes two or three times a day, lol.

And it sounds like you found a good roomie!

Leen said...

I'm so glad that it appears that things will work out in the roommate department. The extra cash will be nice, I'm sure. And I'm glad he passed the ax murderer test. :-)

Jammie J. said...

I always forget to log into Facebook, so I'm glad you harness your steam and make a post with it.

Oh, yes, and re: the roommate and your mom? *snort* *laugh*