Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Horrible Tuesday

Sarah barfed last night. In her sleep, in her bed. Before the usual "OMG that is a freaking mess and who's gonna clean that" could be uttered I realized that she could have aspirated and died. SHe truly did not wake up until she was on the finishing part of vomiting. Poor baby. I checked her incision to make sure it didn't look infected and therefore could be causing her to be sick. It looked fine. She just has the flu. But that is dangerous too. SHe is still week from surgery. Everything that she is taking in is coming back up. ANd what's left is finding it's way out the other end. After about 3 hours worth of cleaning and getting her settled into my bed she decided she'd rather be on the couch. By then it was 1am and I was exhausted, so I relented. She had a bucket and a towel. About 2am she moans from the bathroom that she wants to die. She is sitting on the pot, holding the bucket. OMG....this is bad. She finally felt well enough to crawl back to the couch and we slept until 6am. Her dad was coming to stay with her this afternoon and I went to work a little late. I went to the store and got a years supply of pepto and gingerale.

Before I went to the store I loaded 2 barrels and 3 bags of trash into my car only to have the trash truck go by just as I was shutting the door. CRAP!!! So I had to bring all that trash back into the mud room. While loading the trash I got my shirt dirty so I had to change.

Through all that, my mind is on another coast today. My Best Bud is having exploratory surgery on his heart. I am worried sick. He was concerned. He tried not to show it but I knew. We talked a few min this morning and when we hung up I said "Talk to you later" and he said "for sure". Yeah....For sure. I'll be waiting for a text or call. He is more than special to me and I couldn't bear if something happened. So it isn't going to and that's that!

My belly has flopped a few times this morning. I have evacuated to the point I don't have much left either. I feel fine enough to work but do feel the twinges of something ominous coming on. Oh joy oh happy day.

I texted my roomie and let him know where we are all at and said if he wanted to wait a week he could. He declined, he said "I'd have to deal with it if I had moved last week so I'll deal with it now, besides it sounds like you could use some help". He don't know the half of it.

9 comments:

kenju said...

The roomie sounds like a winner if he's willing to help you now!

Hope she gets better and you don't get too sick!

Anonymous said...

Cripes!! I hope you all are feeling better :)

(((U)))

Leen said...

So sorry! Sounds as if y'all need some rest and rehydration.

(((y'all)))

JeanMac said...

Your roomie may be the biggest blessing in a long while - sounds like a dear.

JeanMac said...

Your roomie may be the biggest blessing in a long while.

Jammie J. said...

Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry everyone's not feeling well. For you, the emotional concern for those around you as well as the physical.

Yep, ginger ale. Pepto. Water. Trash cans (or buckets) with liners in them makes clean-up easy, fast and non-smelly. Gatorade, too.

Remember once you guys can finally eat again, the BRAT diet: bananas, rice, apple sauce and toast.

Take care and I'll be thinking of you. (hugs)

Tammy said...

Thanks all...your kind words are as healing and comforting as the pepto and gingerale.
Thanks Jammie for the advice, I'll be picking up some bananas.

Jean- so far Roomie is turning out to be a pretty nice guy.

Sarah is feeling better tonight and my Best Bud came through surgery well. He now has a stent but looks like he will go home tomorrow. It's a relief.

Shauna said...

What a day! Hope today is better.

Anonymous said...

Im glad everything turned out okay for the best bud, and that Sarah is feeling better :) I hope YOU can avoid it!!

Yay for the roomie!! :) Sounds like he might just be a keeper!