When I think of Pontiac, Firebird and Trans Am do not come to mind. Nope for me it has to be my step dad's Pontiac Catalina. Light blue. Just like the one pictured. A huge boat of a car. I bet you could fit a few SMART cars in the trunk of a Catalina. I'm not sure but I think once the car stopped being "road worthy" it spent a few more years tearing up the race track at OPS. My step dad raced stock cars and Catalina would have made a perfect "figure 8" car. No matter how many times it was hit it was such a tank that it could keep on going.
I sure wish I knew how to trace where that exact car is these days. Hanging out at some off the beaten path junk yard I'm sure. It's probably filled with mice and other critters but what I wouldn't give for a ride in the back seat with the windows all rolled down just like when I was 7.
No comments:
Post a Comment