Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy

Have you noticed when I get happy I become invisible. I don't mean to, it just sort of happens.
I'm not ecstatically happy.
I'm not in love.
I'm not jumping over the moon.
But I have reached a certain level of contentment.

I'm not missing the past so much these days. I'm not missing it all most days.

I guess part of my contentment is the coming of Spring. Making it through another winter seems like such an accomplishment.

I'm having Easter dinner at my house, or rather my ex is putting on a dinner spread at my house. It's a long story but the jist is that we still get along well enough to dine together. His Mom and my Mom and grandmother will be there as well. I would have rather found someplace else to go and let him put on a dinner for his family and the kids but since he invited my family as well I guess I am stuck attending.

Yesterday was my Best Bud's B-day. A very Happy B-day goes out to him, one of the finest men I know (if not THE finest). With the recent heart scares it has just solidified my feelings of gratitude for having him in my life.

I'm still loving my new Ipod. I sold the headset that came with it and bought a Bose headset. I love the quality of the sound. I'm still trying to figure out the right combination of ear buds for fit.

After a harrowing adventure my cousins are home with their new son. They adopted an adorable little boy from Russia. I'll get to meet Jacob in June when I go down for a graduation party.

My car is getting better gas milage. I guess they have changed over to the Summer formula for gas. Saving money is always a good thing. I got my first check under the stimulus package. I have an additional $17.44 per pay period or $34.88 a month. Thanks Obama. I'll try not to spend it all in one place.

My good friend Seamus is getting a new baby. He has yet to be named but check out what a handsome boy he is. Happy doesn't even begin to express what I feel for Seamus and "B" and their new addition. My little bufflebyte is still the light of my life. The little white lamb of a pup still greets me every evening with every wagging ounce of energy she has. It was Taylor and Seamus who unknowingly and unwittingly convinced me I needed a dog. She has filled so many aching holes in my heart and my life. I am so glad that Seamus will have a furry companion again. They broke the mold when Taylor was born but I think this new pup will measure up and provide us with much entertainment.

2 weeks into it and things are still good with Roomie. He's still not around much and when he is we get along good. My fears of giving up privacy have been mostly unfounded at this point.

TGIF!!! Hope the Bunny makes his way to all of your houses and delivers alot of goodies.

6 comments:

perdido said...

I have noticed that in the past. LOL (the disappearing thing)

Cool about the roomie working out too!

kenju said...

Happy Easter, Boo. I think it is nice that your ex is doing dinner and invited your family - and thanks for telling me about Seamus.

Grandma Lola said...

Happy Easter boobabe (((u)))

Marcy said...

Miss seeing you, girl! You know, YOU are what brought me to blogland .... yours was the first I'd ever read! Good to see you again ... :)

Springtime puts me in a good mood, too ... I love it!

Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

"Happy" is a good thing! :) TG it's spring! We are in rearrangement mode here to accommodate the ton-o'-fur *grin*

JeanMac said...

Yeah for spring! Sounds good.