Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Just dropping by for a bit

"How have you been?" I asked her.
"good" she replied
"What have you been up to?"
"Working and tolerating"

She spoke directly to my soul. Phrased it perfectly. We have been living the same existence only coming at it from opposite ends. She is trying to get out and I'm wanting in. Same difference in the end. We are both working and tolerating.

But this too shall pass.

Things are going good with the roomie. We hit a bumpy patch for awhile. It seemed that he thought if I didn't ask for the rent every week then he didn't have to pay it. Took me far too long to work up the courage to address the issue. I hate discussing money or asking for it. If it's owed I believe you should just pay it. You know it's owed. You know the deal, the arrangement. We finally had a talk and he's mostly caught up and we are good again. Personality-wise we are getting along famously. So much so that he texted me on Monday and asked if I was serious about wanting to see Star Trek. I answered "you bet". So we did. Went straight from work. It was FABULOUSO. I loved it. I especially loved catering to my impetuous side. It's been far too long since that kind of spontaneity has taken over an evening. Before you get any ideas... no we are not evolving into anything more than roommates and friends. He has a girl and he's totally not my type. Good for friend but not for anything else.

I've been having loads of fun with my Ipod. I upgraded the software and have gone crazy with the apps. There are tons of freebies out there. I even have a virtual lighter that blows in the wind when waved back and forth. Be great for a virtual concert sometime. hehe

One of my blog buddies emailed and told me she has been having trouble with my blog clogging up her internet/computer. I have deleted a couple of things from here hoping it will alleviate the problem. The extra add-ons are silly anyways. I will keep the pics of my babies but the penguin and black box are gone. J, let me know if you continue to have trouble.

3 comments:

kenju said...

No trouble here, Boo. The ones that give me trouble have lots and lots of photos - or music.

Shirley said...

I'm so not missing the penguin.

Anonymous said...

No trouble here either.

Glad you got past the $ blues with roomie.

Cannot wait to see that movie! :)