It's me...it has to be. I feel mad at the world. My ex, my roommate, the rain, my car, my ex, the rain, my ex, the rain.......yeah that about covers it.
I've let my ex slide on the child support because he's been broke and he does some upkeep things around the house for me. Mows my lawn and takes care of any other little mishaps that come up. But he never follows through on what he says he's going to do. Never. He was supposed to bring my car to a friend of his to get the strut fixed and get a sticker for me. I had been quoted a boatload of money and his friend said he could easily do it for less. So the appt was made, 3 weeks in advance and I left the keys with my ex. He was supposed to take care of it the weekend I was in PA. He had 4 days to get it done. That was MY weekend to have a car in the friends garage. Well, long story short the car never moved all weekend then on Monday he took to the friends. They looked it over and determined that there was some wear but nothing that had to be fixed immediately. The ex took it to a garage and had a sticker put on it. YAY. That is great. Yes it is and for only the cost of the sticker. Yup, huge savings. Except.....
The strut isn't fixed and it makes a very bad noise. I KNOW it will break. It has to. Nothing can make that kind of noise and not break eventually. I asked about it and was told not to worry it's all just wear and tear, nothing major. Ummmm...I may be just a dumb girl but I KNOW it will break then it will my sorry ass that is high and dry. Then it will be my fault because I "should have been clearer about the noise it was making". Yeah, I speak like I have experienced this before. THAT'S BECAUSE I HAVE. I told him again a couple of days ago to make an appt with K to get it in the shop. The ex owes me a ton of money, the least he can do is take care of this stuff that he said he would take care of. He gave me the "if you don't like how it is make the arrangements yourself" attitude. Well I guess I will. I finally got K's # from him and I will call myself. I will drive the car over there and have K take a ride with me so he can hear what it sounds like. I WILL TAKE CARE OF IT. Like I always do. Like I always have to. ANd I will start beuing a lot less lenient with the child support. Him "saving me money" isn't working for me. I'll just have him pay me then I'll pay whatever I have to to get stuff done. I think THAT will be the true cost savings.
Roomie asked why I have the ex doing my lawn and other favors. Stupid me, told him I have him do that stuff when he can't pay support. Guess I shouldn't have been so forthcoming because then roomie decides to pipe up with "at least I always pay my support on time all the time". To which I reminded him that he doesn't always pay his rent on time and he STILL owes me money from 2 months ago. Yeah he shut his pie hole fast too.
And this rain??? Well....lets just say I wish I had heard God's voice telling me to build an ark since it appears we'll be needing one soon.
Oh and today was dress up day at work. Yup, you guessed it...I showed up in jeans. Grrrrr. I was a passenger in rideshare so I don't have a vehicle. I borrowed TMT's car and went to Fash'ion B'ug and par for the course they weren't open yet and wouldn't be for another hour. Oh well...I tried, guess I'll just stay chained to my desk all day.
Is it 4:30 yet? Can I just go home now?
6 comments:
So here you are! I looked for Boo and couldn't find you.
Sad news about the car, the ex, and really the roomie too. God bless the girl who takes care of herself, 'cause most men won't.
Oh, and the darn rain!!! Sick, sick, sick of it. Day after day.
It will get better - has to! Big hug.
in regards to your pool problems, have you ever thought about getting a salt water chlorinator? they are expensive but no more shocking or adding chlorine/chemicals to the pool
my mom's boyfriend builds million dollar houses and that is what they install for their pools
my mom has one and loves it - her pool has been crystal clear ever since she started using it
You okay?
OMG!!! I found it! Nice new place honey.
Hope things get better soon (((u)))
Everything okay up there?? I miss you!
Post a Comment