Tuesday, August 25, 2009

We had a tornado

Yup. right here in the western foothills of Maine. It touched down 6/10 of a mile from me. Can you say "WAY TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT"? Luckily I had no damage. My power only blinked. My neighbors didn't fair so well. Check out the damage done to their place. Can you believe that there are no less that 5 mobile homes in the same area as that house and none of them were damaged but a log house was torn from it's foundation. Unbelievable. It was a real eye opener to the more important things in life, like peace, happiness, health and home. I find that sometimes I get way too caught up in the minutia of every day life and forget how much I truly have to be greatful for.

4 comments:

Christine said...

OMG I saw some of these on FB but that first one is horrifying.

As I said..i'll take our hurricanes with their warnings anyday. Although SCM said we get the spin off torados with hurricanes so I guess they all suck. Mother nature can be a real bitch.

Leen said...

it is easy to get caught up in the daily "junk" and forget that which is truly a blessing.

i think that's just human nature though.


(((u)))
glad you're okay

Anonymous said...

Glad you had that 6/10s of a mile buffer! I'm always amazed at the sheer destructive power of these twisters. The owners of the log home are lucky it didn't blow the house to match sticks.

We had one jump our house in '68 and obliterated the barn across the road.

kenju said...

There's nothing like a bad storm, tornado or hurricane to bring that home to you, Tammie. I'm glad you weren't hurt.