5:30AM.
The cell phone beeped with a message.
Gary had already sent me my morning wake up text but every once in awhile he'll send an extra one. I was still in bed, knowing I should be motivating but not quite ready yet. I flipped open the phone, wondering what cute message my honey was sending me.
"Do U still think about me? R U horny?"
Earl.
I knew it by the number (and the message). I had deleted him from my contact list almost a year ago. It had been about 3 months since I had last heard from him. I was inclined to answer right away with a "it's over, don't call or text me anymore" but I decided to wait.
I grabbed a shower and contemplated. The truth of the matter was that I didn't think about him anymore. Every once in a while a fleeting thought or memory of all the times he hurt me would bubble up but seriously, I hadn't thought about him in weeks.
After I dried from the shower and got dressed I looked at the message again. All of a sudden it was even more clear than ever what his true character was. How crass can you be? R U horny?? And I was actually head over heels for that. FOR A LONG FRIGGING TIME. When I thought about my relationship with Gary and how he treats me I find it hard to believe that I could ever think I was in love with Earl.
Gone were all the raw emotions. Gone were all the words I wanted to say about how much he shredded me. Over and over again. Gone was the bargaining and wishful thinking. Gone were my feelings.
I simply replied:
"Yup, still horny, but now I have someone who takes care of that and so much more"
Within a minute he replied "Cool. Just wanted to say Hi"
I didn't reply again.
9 comments:
good for you!
i love your response to him. perfection.
Good for you!! Soooo good for you! And what an ass is he?!!
(((U)))
yup..it felt great. That was 2 weeks ago. I haven't heard anymore from him, but this is the time of year that he always started the promising again. Even last Spring after everything we went through he was still doing the same thing. I think I will end up hearing from him at least one more time. Now that he knows I'm not available I will be just that much more attractive to him. I'm betting on a text in a few weeks that asks if I'm happy. And my answer will be "YES very much so"
Maybe I shouldn't be, but I'm laughing. I love your response.
Had I been in your shoes, I'm honestly not sure I would have responded at all. But then he might have texted again. I would have been tempted to reply with, "I have no idea who U R." LOL
I love your response! And I love your new love story - it's the real deal!
yeah yeah yeah-you are healed hallaluah!!!great answer...from Georgia
Crass is a good description of him.
Showed his true colors - for sure - good answer!
I think you handled that response very well!!
Post a Comment