Tuesday, March 23, 2010

In love all over again

Today the reality landed with a soft pink thud.

I saw my granddaughter on the ultrasound. My heart skipped a beat. She was all wiggly and stretching. OMG...so darned cute. I can hardly make myself believe it. It seems like just yesterday that I was the one looking forward to a new baby and now that baby is having her own baby.

And it seems it will be a she. We didn't see any dangly thingie so the default is a girl. Happy doesn't even describe my daughter. She hadn't said either way but I could tell she was secretly hoping for a baby girl.

I've seen my daughter's belly getting bigger but seeing that baby on the ultrasound just made it seem so real and surreal at the same time.

Let the shopping begin!

6 comments:

Leen said...

Awwww, I miss dressing up my little girls. Have fun with that! When is the expected due date?

Shauna said...

Just wait! Now you won't be able to go by a store without looking for cute stuff for the wee one.

I'm so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

How neat and exciting!!! It's gonna be a good year!!

(((U)))

perdido said...

Wow a lot has happened since I've been by! I'm so happy for you girlie!

jeanmac said...

\how exciting, let the shopping begin, for sure!

Travelling Rants said...

exciting...enjoy and have fun