Doesn't matter how mad or hurt or determined I get, my basic mothering instinct is VERY STRONG. That's part the reason why I can't just put my foot down and have Heather get rid of her dog. I can't stand to see her heartbroken (but we are still working on resolution to that one).
Sunday evening those instincts kicked in hard. Gary and I had stepped out to pick up a handful of groceries. When we returned, his daughter was in the bathroom. She was crying and was obviously sick. She may be 16 but in that moment she may as well have been 6, for I couldn't help running in and comforting her. Gary seemed very greatful to be let off that hook.
1 comment:
I really hope that Heather can find a home for her dog. That was wonderful what you did for Gary's daughter.
Post a Comment