Friday, September 24, 2010

I'm totally caught up

in Jane Austen.

I have read all the novels but I recently discovered that most if not all of the books were at one time or another made into movies through the BBC. I am able to listen to them at work. While the screenplays are rarely as good as the novel I must say these are pretty good.

Have you read any of Jane's work? Who is your favorite heroine?

October 30 is "talk like Jane Austen" day. By the time I see all the movies I should be in a right jolly old place to participate. Maybe I'll practice on Gary. He should truly enjoy that. NOT!

4 comments:

Leen said...

i'm a P&P fan.
most definitely.

you asked us
which is your favorite?

Tammy said...

Elizabeth Bennett used to be my favorite but after revisiting Persuasion I think Anne Elliot is my favorite.

Shauna said...

P&P is my fave too. But I haven't read all of them. Maybe 4 or so?

I still stay dream about Colin Firth's Mr. Darcy. That version? As good as the book, in my opinion.

Cin said...

I dont think I have read any of the books. I will have to try them out. I am currently reading some Mary Higgins Clark stuff.