Monday, November 29, 2010

Are you still in love with me
Like the way you used to be or is it changing?
Does it deepen over time like the river
That is winding through the Canyon?
Are you still in love with her?
Do you remember how you were before the sorrow?
Are you closer for the tears
Or has the weight of all the years left you hollow?

You gotta love Ray Lamontagne even if he makes your throat ache. He is actually from a little town right here in Maine called Wilton. He lives about 20 min from my mom or at least he used to. Sometimes when I feel like I need to just get all these sad and negative emotions out I will put on some Ray. That's not to say that all his music is sad or mournful. It's not say that his music is only good for crying but it sure can get that stream going.

Thanksgiving turned out pretty good. It didn't include Gary and that makes me sad but I'm doing ok. I'm still managing to have a little fun here and there. He and I have been talking or texting daily. Sometimes it feels strained and sometimes it feels normal. I'm not exactly how I feel except I know I love him. My head tells me I need to start working on letting go but my heart says "not quite yet". When I look back over the years I think wow do I ever have experience hanging on and letting go, and I sure have messed up that balancing act a few times.

2 comments:

perdido said...

thinking about you and sending good vibes your way!

JeanMac said...

Don't know what to say except - "sending love"