Monday, April 23, 2007

Who says spiders are bad???

A co-worker called at 9am on Sunday.

I answered "hello, am I late for work again?"

"Yes and because of that you almost missed out on the opportunity for cheap booze"

No I don't work on Sundays but I did take him up on the offer of cheap booze. He was in New Hampshire and was stopping at the liquor store. I asked for 2 Baja bottles. Didn't matter which flavors but would be nice to get the orange creamsicle. He called back...they don't have orange but they do have Luna(raspberry), Rosa (strawberry), cherry and GRAPE. OMG....I must try the grape. I got the grape and the Rosa. Then I asked about Tequila for mixing with margaritas. I know nothing about booze and the fine art of mixing it. I said just get me a cheap tequila.

"trust me, you do NOT want a cheap tequila. I can see what they have for a variety and call you back."

I said to just get me a liter size bottle for under $20. He brought me a liter bottle of Tarantula. Ultra smooth. Great for mixing and even better for shots. Only $12. I got 2 bottles of Baja and the Tarantula for less than the cost of the Baja here at home. Woot.

What a weekend!!!! Totally awesome. Almost. My basement is completely cleaned and organized. Unbelieveable the amount of work that got done. Now I'm going to wash all the cement floors and paint them. Once that is done it should get rid of even the minutest scent of musty basement smell. We aired it out. ALl the carpets are gone. I washed all the windows. Greased Lightening to the rescue again. 2 loads went to the dump and a couple of bags to Salvation Army.

My brother's room is completely cleaned out. The only thing left in there is the bed. What a mess it was. I tried for several days to reach him to no avail so by Sat morning I had to make a decision. He's out. We organized all of his things in a way that he can get them out easily. I am holding a few of his things in hock until he pays for the phone bill. He called late Sat afternoon. He's back with his c**ty wife. I told him that I love him and I always will. He is welcome at my house anytime but do not ever bring her to my house again or expect me to do anything with her ever. I hate her and I never want to see her again. EVER. In the last few weeks he has made some very irresponsible decisions which have left me high and dry. But that doesn't change how I love him. He is a grown man and can make his own decisions but I don't support this marriage. She has screwed him over royally. SHe has acted like she wanted to get back together 5 times only to dump him again. This time will be no different. But it's his mistake to make. His life to live. But I'm not responsible for supporting him. I refuse to aid and abet. I took his cell phone back too. All my support for him now is emotional and for him as a person.

I cried on Sat over the whole thing. He and my mom fought to the point that he hung up on her. I feel guilty for turning him out. I feel guilty for shutting off his phone. I feel sad that he took his dog back. I hate that at 35 he doesn't seem able to get his life together and now it is obvious that he doesn't even want to. I'm mad that he has used and abused Mom. She has done more for him than can even be imagined yet he yells at her and hangs up on her. Bastid.

He came over on Sunday. Got his clothes and dog. I told him what I was keeping until he pays me, that I love him, that I HATE her and that I want good things for him. Mom was there and it was much more peaceful. We all hugged and I told him that I still want to see him and spend time with him like we have been doing. I really hope that he doesn't let her alienate him from us. I miss Stormy and I know that she will be loved by him but neglected when it comes to her care but there is nothing I can do. *long frustrated sigh*

The weather was great for the clean up. The weather was great for everything. We took a peek under the pool cover. The water is crystal clear!! I cannot wait to open it and start swimming. I didn't get a fire in firepit because the area around it was still too soggy. The wood is sorted though and the plans are in effect to enlarge the fire pit. Myabe with all this nice weather next weekend will be a good time to veg by the fire.

Red Sox had a better than AWESOME weekend against the sucky Yankees. Have I said how much I hate the Yankees?? I am a true Red Sox fan. I always want them to win but feel even better when the Yankees lose. I truly enjoy watching Dice-K pitch and Papelbon has been having a phenomenal year as well. I wish Jr had done better in the NASCAR race but he did twice as good as Ryan Newman so I got one up on Timmy which is also always a good thing. My Mom was happy that her Jeffy won the race. I told her that he just likes it on the pole. hehe She doesn't like when I call him a fag. But it's all in good fun.

Mom and I and Papa Rog went to breakfast yesterday morning. I donned a leather coat, slipped on my cool sunglasses and climbed aboard Rog's motorcycle and rode with him to the restaurant. What a great ride. I could be a bikerbabe very easily.

Shelby and Fluffy went to the groomer on Sat. Shelbs was shaved down pretty close. She is such a bag of bones. A little skinny minny. She looks more like a poodle than a shih tzu right now but she is so darned cute. Fluffy drooled all the way over. He was in great distress but handled the actual grooming wonderfully. He loved it. He "talked" to the groomer and was very well behaved. They both came back looking beautiful and smelling divine.

It was a very busy weekend and this post is all mottled up. Quick wrap up:

Clean basement- check
organized basement- check
dog and cat groomed- check
Red Sox sweeping the Yankees- check
Jr did twice as good as Newman- check
warm sunny weather all weekend- check
Good friends plying me with booze- check
much dreaded but needed talk w/ bro- check

I had to come to work just to rest up.

1 comment:

b o o said...

busy busy boo HUGS