Friday, June 15, 2007

Good Riddance

For the first time in my life I got mad and shot back.

I have always stood there, eyes on the ground, shoulders rounded into myself and just accepted the battering. I've taken the verbal abuse and always responded with words that showed I accepted it.

Well no more. I do get mad. I do get hurt. I do get angry. I do get disappointed. I am tired of looking past the words and making excuses for them. I am tired of taking the blame.

I AM to blame for alot of things. The most prevalent thing is not always being honest when there is a bad message to be delivered. I've always worried about hurting people's feelings so I sugar-coat things. I try to finagle a way around the unpleasantness. There have been times when I simply should have just cut to the chase.

I AM to blame for being unsure and not wanting to make a decision if it's a difficult negative one. It took me 5 years to get out of my marriage because I would start to think that maybe it wasn't so bad. Maybe I was over reacting. Well it WAS bad. It can't be said that I didn't try. It could be said that I tried for too long.

There comes a time when goodbye is the only answer. There comes a time when maybe you don't have the answers you want but at least you have answers. There comes a time when you must cut your losses.

That time is now. My time has come. It IS ALL ABOUT ME and I don't have to stay in a miserable situation or put up with BS. But I don't have to be a bitch about it either. I am simply walking away. No immature name calling. No shouting out in anger things that aren't true or aren't my true feelings. No saying things that I don't really mean just to hurt someone. No making personal attacks on a person or someone that they love just to get even.

Just a simple walk. In the opposite direction. And a deep breath...of relief.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Feels good, doesnt it? When you can just let it all go =)

Luv you honey!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's the only way to do it! Let's talk soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go...I just walked away from most of my family...except I DO HAVE THINGS TO SAY TO THEM,,AND I'M SPEAKING OUT..(Right to their faces,,man are they freaked out!!!)

To say the least, they are not pleased that the whipping girl is rebeling..oh well. They are not concerned for me, just who they will find to replace me..


FREE FREE AT LAST....

Grandma Lola said...

I think this is my favorite post ever of yours. (((boobabe))) Stand up tall and proud because you are wonderful.