Last night I was trying on a bathing suit. I liked how it fit except that the shoulder straps seemed a little too long. I turned in the mirror and lifted my hair to see if the straps could be disconnected and criss-crossed when I saw this grayish mass on a mole on my back. My first thought was that the mole had gone totally freaky and I was gonna die of skin cancer. After a moment or two of horror I looked again. The horror didn't go away, it just changed a bit. The grayish mass was a tick!! OMG...YUCK YUCK YUCK. It was totally engorged and very disgusting. It was after 10pm. The house was asleep. What to do?? The heebie jeebies were getting the better of me. I grabbed the tweezers and ran down to Heather's room.
She was amazing. She took the tick off and took me in her arms as I had a total meltdown. She comforted me then got me to laughing at my ridiculousness. It was really one of the grosser things that has ever happened to me. I never felt it on me. I never felt it crawl or bite or suck. But after it was gone I could swear it was crawling on me all night. *shiver*
2 comments:
gawd I hate them things. They are bad around here in the spring. Here is a tip, because it's really important to get the head out.
liquid soap. That's right, liquid soap, and them icky things come out pretty easy. *hugs*
pulling the head out just sounds so.......sexual.
tick
tock
tick
tock
Post a Comment