The proverbial rollercoaster.
I've been riding the high of Heather's graduation.
I've been weathering the low of the breakdown of a friendship.
I have been riding even keel on everything in between.
It's not so bad. It really isn't. Some days I feel like I just don't know how to be happy. I was laying in the hammock the other day. The sun was warm on my skin. The breeze was just refreshing enough. Kids were off with their busyness. I had the day off from work. No responsibilities. No commitments. No promises to be anywhere. No need to even get dressed.
So why was I restless? It's the kind of day we all dream about yet I laid there and fidgeted. I was bored. I was in a state of noncontent. Is that even a word? Noncontent. Discontent. Malcontent. Hmmmm.
Things I've learned over the last couple of weeks:
1) Never stop having faith in your child
2) Never let a wet dog in the house if the bedroom door is open. (she'll soil your white bedspreads everytime)
3) Packing my own lunch has saved me over $5 a day
4) I can be creative with cooking
5) It's ok to just stop and relax once in awhile. It may even be necessary.
6) My best friends really are the best friends in the world.
Words of advice by Boo:
1) Whenever boarding a rollercoaster, always keep in mind that you could be stuck upside down for awhile.
2) Double layer the tin foil when cooking sweet potatoes on the grill.
3) Always flush unless you are instructed not to flush.
4) Always open the door for a lady
5) Never tell someone they are lousy in bed unless you truly never intend to sleep with that person again.
6) Laugh at yourself, it's a heck of alot better than crying.
PS... I have a dr appt at 4:45 this afternoon to look at the tick bite. Thank you Dianne for your advice and for sharing your story.
1 comment:
Love the advice. Great stuff in there. Let us know about the tick bite. (hugs and love)
Post a Comment