My Mom asked what I wanted for my B-day.
"Time....with you"
Well, that's a given because we always end up doing dinner or something together. She wanted to know what "thing" I wanted. How do I explain that there isn't any one "thing" that I want. What I really want is what I already have most of the time. Peace, tranquility, contentment and time. Time to enjoy the things I already have. Time to plan for the things I still seek. Time to reflect. Even time to brood.
She gave me the gift of time. 9+ hours and 250 miles of fun, amazement and love.
Our mode of transportation
We traveled down many paths.
They showed me some of the best kept secrets of Maine and NH. AKA God's Country
How could I live in Maine for 41 years and never have seen the "Height of the Land"? Well I hadn't and OMG...it is even more spectacular than I imagined. I took about a half dozen pix and still could not capture it. Some wild and raw things are not meant to be captured.
My gracious guides.
See how happy they made me. (See how unkept my hair looks after a bike ride. Just a note of advice...always put your hair up before riding. Wind knots are the worst. I couldn't begin to get a comb through my hair even after conditioning it. I had to put it up in a messy bun and go to Walmart for a bottle of Johnson's No More Tangles, which helped but wasn't the miracle worker they tout it to be.)
And at the end of the day I couldn't resist a sunset pic. Can you ever have too many sunset pix? After all not all sunsets were created equal.
5 comments:
Happy birthday! Thanks for sharing your wonderful time and memories with us!
Simply beautiful, Boo. I miss NH more than I can begin to tell you. Maybe next year when I have vacation time, we can plan something. =) Im really glad you had a great birthday, Hun.
Love you!
Oh darlin', what a fabulous gift. nothin' better than wind blowin your hair about and fantastic views. And, you know I agee, one can never have too many sunset pictures. I'm so happy your birthday was wonderful.
*muah* love ya honey.
Happy, happy Boothday.
You have the right attitude about it babe, "one more year of being me"
looks like you had a lovely, lovely time. happy birthday. :)
when i rode on a bike, i either braided my hair or put it in a low bun just under the helmet rim. also used to wear a helmet liner. that no tangles stuff doesn't work too well, but no frizz oil does if you put it in, let it sit for a couple minutes and then comb your hair.
xoxo
Post a Comment