Thursday, July 26, 2007

Ok I'm cancelling

How shitty is it of me to cancel a date that I had reservations about because I got a better offer? Well, that's what I'm doing.

I used to work with this wonderful lady and we used to hang out together alot at work and it spilled over into our personal lives. One of our favorite things to do was grabbing a Subway sandwich and heading to the beach on a Friday evening. We would set up our chairs and just veg out and people watch. We have had many therapy sessions on the beach.

She stopped working with us about a year ago and I haven't seen her much since then. She just called and asked about our "Friday nights at the beach" and if I'd like to get together tomorrow night. Oh Yes!! In a heartbeat. She is not only a better offer she is the bomb. "C" is about 20 years older than I but she is like a soul sister. We have hung out for a few years and have always had such a wonderful time. She went to Boston with Sarah and I few years ago and we had the best time.

I haven't seen "C" for a few months and I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to seeing her again.

I'll talk to "the date" tonight and let him know I've made other plans. I'll be honest and let him know it's with an old friend. I may even invite him to stop by the beach if he's in the area. My 6th sense tells me he will cancel anyways so I may wait a few extra min to see if he does then tell him of my alternate plans.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frankly, I think you've made the better choice. Can I come too? :)

Tammy said...

Of course you can come along, do you have achair or shall I bring an extra??

TLP said...

IMHO you've made a wise choice. I had read the post below, but didn't comment since I had nothing positive to say about the guy.

No secrets is what I like in a man.

b o o said...

so did u have fun? hows shelby :)
have a good weekend boobabe