I went down alone on Sunday and I actually enjoyed it as much by myself as I do with company. I was able to walk around for the shots and that's what I did. My favorite shots are the ones with the bridge.
This first one struck me odd because it was like they forgot to dip the balloon in color. But maybe they accomplished the task of getting people to notice it because everyone did. Most had negative comments but I rather enjoyed viewing something totally different. Sometimes the beauty is in the plainness of it.
The early morning light, both as a sunrise and for lighting up the landscape is truly the best. I never thought of myself as a morning person, but I guess I am and this is why. The peaceful, serene waters with the magical sunrise greeting the day. Not to mention the balloons show their vibrance best in the wee hours of the day.
If only it truly were the dog days of summer. I know some of you have been experiencing a heat wave but here in the northeast, you'd swear is was Fall. I wore a fleece to the launch and I tend to be warm all the time, so that goes to show how chilly it was.
As you can see, the balloons were not the only things taking flight.
I didn't attend any of the regular festival activities. Early morning Balloons were enough for me. I'm sure I could have captured all sorts of sights with my camera but I just didn't make it down this year.
I'm already looking forward to next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment