Watching Dancing w/ the Stars made me realize that I am no longer the teenage I sometimes envision myself to be. Marie Osmond is almost 50 and a tad overweight. When did that happen? I'm not critizing her weight, as a matter of fact all the girls but one was older or thicker or both. Most are in the Autumn of their lives. Still alot to do and time to do it but also lots of years already gone by.

Using a calendar as a gauge, I imagine myself in September. The summer of my youth is by me but I still run hot like a sunny September afternoon. Vibrant colors to match my vibrant personality. The personality born of experience. Mistakes made. Mistakes learned from. Yet still glowing. Still clinging like crazy to the tree of life.
I can also be that first frosty morning. Cold and angry at the oncoming winter yet easily warmed and melted with just the right amount of nurturing morning sun.
I'm the breath of fresh air, the clear blue sky. Content with myself, basking in all my firey glow. No hurries. No worries. Life, slowing down to enjoy the slow lane for awhile.
Why was I always in such a hurry? What was so important that I sped by the sights along the way? Slower is better. Allows for alot more photo ops. Allows for longer, deeper conversations. Allows for that leisurely day at the beach with a best friend and no conversation, because none was needed. Allows for naps. Glorious naps. Warm sunshine and a cool breeze, covered with a warm cotton blanket and snuggled up to a 6-pound pup.
I rather like September. Think I'll stay here a few years. I may even decide to retire here. Wonder how Oct, Nov and Dec will like me staying a perpetual September?
7 comments:
So, instead of "29 and holding" it's "September and holding"! ;)
SEPTEMBER?? Bullshit. I am older than you and I am still in June. Don't rush us. You can be in September the year you start collecting social security. (if there is any left to collect)
This advertisement has been approved by democrats.com.
No. Not September. Maybe late July. I'm almost 66 and I don't actually feel old. Just relax. Realize that you are YOUNG. You'll know fifteen years from now that the age you are now is YOUNG. Enjoy it.
I'm totally in July, early at that. You are no where near September IMHO...
oh Boo, I loved this --just perfect!! I never thought about where I am in the year--or where I want to be or am....thanks for giving me something to reflect about!!
Im older than you too... and one more year will be added on Friday... September is my month - but im not sure im "in" September yet either... probably close though :) this was a great post, Boo! Made me think about alot of things.
<3 you!!
Boo
41 - you are so young!! When you get to be in your 80's you will look back and agree with me.
I'd say you were in your June or July's
In that case I must be in my early December's.
Great post!!
Post a Comment