My daughter is twenty years old today! How can a 29 year old woman have a 20 year old daughter? Oh yeah, that's right, I'm not exactly 29.
Hard to believe. It seems like she should be 20 but it doesn't seem like I should be the mom of a 20 year old.
Remember the cake and ice cream I spoke of a few days ago? We ate it last night. Matter of fact that's all Sam and I had for dinner. Don't you love being a grown up and being able to do naughty things like for go dinner in favor of dessert?
My ex put on the party. That's the other good thing that has been happening lately. I'm not in charge of every stinking (and sweet) thing that involves the cherubs. He actually stepped up to the plate, with no provocation.
My ex has 2 dogs. Shadow, who is a black lab and Maizy who is a shih tzu. They have been co habitating for almost a year now with no issues. Shelby goes over to play too. The three are like peas and carrots (and string beans). I don't know what happened last night. A bone or something became the object of all of their attention and the next thing you know I feel like I'm at Michael Vick's. Where do I place my bets? I'm betting on the scrappy white dog with a loud bark. They fought. And I mean fought. They would have fought to the death, I swear. The barking and yelping and growling and yelling was amazing. The mass of fur, I couldn't tell where one dog stopped and the other started.
I was never so relieved as when I glanced up and there was Sam, holding Shelby. OMG....my baby was saved. He had managed to drag her out of the edge (I said Edge ;-0 )of the fight. She was barking her head off and struggling to get down. Those little dogs are quite the scrappers.
At that point I did what I do best. I burst out laughing. QofQ and I were laughing so hard we were almost peeing our pants. We know it isn't really funny but darnitall that was hilarious.
Don't you think the mom is the one who should be celebrated on their kid's birthday? After all she is the one who did all the work. Yeah I thought so too. I'm gonna fill my pie hole with more cake when I get home.
Happy Birthday Heather. Mama loves you bunches and bunches.
4 comments:
We've always had a tradition of calling the moms on our birthday and sending them the cards. ;)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Heather!! :)
Happy Birthday Heather!!
I hope Heather had a great Birthday!
Post a Comment