On Wed night I made a list of stuff that I wanted done by Sunday morning.
1) Closing the pool
2) scrub both bathtubs
3) clean the microwave (don't ask)
4) take out the AC's
5) get groceries for party
6) pull down and clean up dead branch (branch almost broke off from the last storm but not quite)
7) Scrub all three toilets (yuck, I hate that job)
8) take out and clean the shelves in the fridge
9) put away totes from Halloween decorations
10) I don't remember what I had for this but I know we had 10 things on the list. Actually Sam added one more item but I told him I wouldn't resort to scheduling or listing that.
Anyways by late Sat afternoon, we had accomplished none of the items on this list. Yup that's right, none. Now we were under the gun. We spent the better part of Sat trying to get the pool closed and was faced with one challenge after another. It's still not completely closed. The only thing left is the cover, which I have to buy a new one because the mice had a field day with it. Sat night we got groceries, I cleaned the microwave and Sam put away the totes. I had just cleaned the fridge about 2 months ago so I gave each shelf a quick swipe, and I took care of the bathrooms on Sunday morning. The dead branch was the only thing we didn't do. It's still hanging there. Sarah's friend K was hanging from it trying to pull it down and it wasn't budging so I'm not too worried about it coming down unexpectedly at this point.
In our defense, we did do a bunch of things that were not on the list. We cleaned his place Sat morning and we mowed and weedwacked at my place in the early afternoon. Believe me, there was not one lazy moment all weekend. By last night at 8pm I was exhausted. It doesn't help that it gets dark so darned early now.
Sunday morning I was awakened at about 6:15am. A really loud honking sound was going on. Sam jumped up and went to the door to see what was going on and there was a whole gaggle of geese flying overhead. They were making their annual trek south. By the time I cleared the webs from my brain and the seeds from my eyes they were gone and so was the photo op. Those honking honkers.
We did learn this weekend that a watched pot will boil.
Have you ever had deep fried turkey??? OMG...it is so awesome. Juicy and tender and it cooked in under an hour. The clean up was pretty painless too.
Shelby loves getting made of and the girls just loved playing with her and cuddling her. By the time they left Shelby was passed out in her bed. She stayed in the living room even when we retired to the bedroom. She was too exhausted to even walk in there. I did go and get her and put her to bed in her bed in my room. She slept like a rock all night.
1 comment:
A turkey!!!!??? Just in time for a Canadian Thanksgiving! :) You're close enough, right?
Shelby already looks tired!
Post a Comment