Since I had a couple of extra hours to myself this morning I decided to get busy. First things first, extra hour or so of snuggling with Shelby. Then I baked a carrot cake, got a beef stew going in the crockpot, jumped in the shower while the cake baked, took out the cake to cool, folded a load of laundry, washed my baking dishes and made my bed. The cake was cooled down enough that I frosted it w/ cream cheese frosting before leaving for the Dr's office. I have friends coming over for dinner tonight then we are going on a Haunted Hayride. I have the wine chilled and the only thing left to do is make the bisquits. Sam had a meltdown last week while trying to make bisquits, so I've been debating whether I want to get thoroughly entertained and watch him make the bisquits or do I want to surprise him with the complete meal?
Anyways getting back to the stress test, I've been given the go-ahead to start working out with my elliptical so I guess it is time to start doing more than just a lunch time walk. The Dr was very diplomatic about his observation that carrying around an additional 50 lbs will cause me to feel winded. He recommended light meals and more cardio workouts.
I baked a cake, loaded it with frosting, made a beefstew, have wine chilling and will make some bisquits. Hmmmmmm....none of that qualifies as light meal.
I'll start tomorrow.
3 comments:
Tomorrow is just as good as today... no need to waste food. Hope all is well with you Boo Boo.
that meal sounded yummy!!!!!
the last paragraph was great - I am always thinking that! just make sure tomorrow comes, that's always my problem
Might as well start on a monday....or the first day of the month or january 1st :)
Hopefully those further results will be positive as well. :) Good vibes coming your way.
Post a Comment