Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas Eve

Christmas comes early at Boo's house. We celebrated on Sat with my Mom and Bro and the in-laws. Shelby got a new stuffed penguin from her Grammy and as you can see she really likes it. She took it over to her bed for safe keeping and a little exploration.

She is very possessive and wasn't willing to share with Baby Kit. It really wasn't a big deal. Baby Kit wasn't interested in the toy, she was more interested in making sure Shelby was kept busy so she would be terrorizing her.

We had a good time and good food and good gifts. We've all had a bumpy year so it was good to all be together under good circumstances.

Yesterday the kids and I went to my father's for a redneck Christmas. We got together in the garage because it was the only place big enough for all the festivities. My father decorated the tree himself. It was a Charlie Brown tree with a strand of white lites and about 100 Budweiser bottle caps as ornaments. He took the label off a Budweiser bottle, put it on top of the tree upside down then he put the label back on so it was right side up. I'll have pics tonight to download and I will post them. It was actually pretty cool. I knew my father had talents but I had no idea he was into holiday decorating.

I have another busy day ahead. I have to stop in at Walmart one last time before Christmas. That should be a blast.

Sam and I are having Xmas with his family this evening. It will be a casual evening with finger foods and holiday snacks. Shelby will get to meet her newest cousin Jasper and her favorite cousin Zoe.

Even though it has been a busy weekend I have had a chance to get caught up on some sleep. The weather has broke and it is sunny and close to 40. Sam shoveled over 2 feet of snow from the roof on Sat and thanks to rain overnight the roof is now completely clear. My driveway that was too slippery for the average car on Sat is now clear as well. This is very good considering I will have about 30 people coming here tomorrow afternoon. I have a beef stew in the crock pot and laundry going in the washer. The dishwasher is empty and the rugs have been vacuumed. A quick swoosh of the toilet bowls and I'm ready for another round of visitors. I'm hoping to post more pics tonight especially the ones of my father's tree but if I don't make it back around today I wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. I hope Santa is very generous with each and every one of you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO at your dad's Charlie Brown Bud tree! ;)

Merry Christmas Boo!

the many Bs said...

It sounds as if you are having a very nice Christmas and stretching it out into several days. Good job.

Merry christmas to you and Shelby.

Edge said...

hooray for being caught up. Merry Christmas Boobear

Politically Homeless said...

Sounds great. Merry Christmas!