"You are always sleeping. I think you need to take more Iron" (If he thinks I'm cranky now, I would be way worse if I started taking iron supplements and got all "bound up".)
This was a conversation a few days ago. Since that time it has come up a couple of more times. The truth of the matter is, I AM always TIRED but I'm not always sleeping. That is actually the problem, I don't get enough sleep.
We got into a discussion of how much I sleep and how much he sleeps and what we do in between sleeping. His job is more physically demanding so he should be more tired. Ummmmm......No. All I do is sit in an office all day, how tiring can that be? Ummmm....don't make me kick your ass right here.
I am exhausted. I do talk about sleeping alot. Wanting to. Needing to. Planning to. Dreaming of. Maybe it seems to him like I am actually sleeping with all this talk of sleep but I can assure you (and him) that I am awake.
I am awake right now.
I was awake at 5am.
I was awake at 2am to let the dog out.
I was awake at midnight letting the cat in.
I'll be awake at 2pm working on spreadsheets when I really want to nap.
I will be awake at 5pm driving home and fighting with idiot drivers in the snowy streets.
I'll be awake at 7pm when I am in JCPenney, the Mall, Walmart and Lowes finishing up Xmas shopping.
I'll be awake at 10pm when I am putting away a "handful of groceries".
I'll be awake at midnight when I am wrapping the remaining gifts. He'll be awake too, tapping his fingers on the bedpost wondering when I'll be giving up and finally coming to bed.
We'll fall asleep around 1:30 just in time for me to be woken up by Shelby for her nightly pee/poop romp. (he never hears her scratching at the door)
I'll drop back into bed around 2am and wake up at 5am. My body can't seem to differentiate between the week and the weekend. Well it can in that I wake up alot easier on the weekend.
I'll fall back asleep around 7:30am then wake up again around 9ish at which time he will be awake too.
I'll be sluggish. I'll be laying around. I'll be begging for 5 more min in the sack. In my defense my bed is awesome.
I'll get in the shower around 10am and I'll be fine for a few hours but then the yawning will start. I'll mention that I'm tired. I'll say that I need a nap. My mind will incessantly think about sleep. Once it gets dark I'm doubly tired.
I can see why he thinks I sleep all the time. I do TALK about sleep alot which probably gives the impression that I am actually sleeping when I'm really just WANTING to sleep.
It gets dark so early now that I have a hard time staying awake after 6pm. (pathetic I know). I probably have SAD (seasonal affective disorder).
He says he is worried about me. Wants me to go to a Dr. I assured him there is nothing wrong with me that isn't wrong with millions of other people.
1) lack of sunshine
2) stress at work
3) holiday stress
4) pets keeping me up half the night
5) trying to get everything done everyday
It's a common affliction and I really think that the main thing that will help is SLEEP. Sleep when I need it not when it fits others timelines. Sometimes I need an afternoon nap. I may say that I only need 15 min but if I am snoring and am in the REM stage of sleep, it's ok to let me sleep another 6 hours. I have never once gotten mad because I asked to be woken up at a certain time and then wasn't woken at that time. The only time I ever get upset about not getting woke up at a certain time is if I have to be at work. Other than that it can be assumed that it is ok to just let this sleeping dog sleep.
4 comments:
My dog likes to go out for the 2am pee/romp too, what's up with dat?
Perhaps you should ask for a full spectrum S.A.D. lamp for Christmas! :) Those that don't get it, don't get it!
insomnia sucks...thinking about you boobabe *muah*
I think you just need to go to a hotel by yourself and sleep. Or better yet, have everyone leave (including the alarm clock and puppy) and sleep in your own bed for 8 uninterrupted hours. Hell, I'm tired just reading this post.
Post a Comment