Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Catching up

Since we last spoke:

Mammy is doing wonderfully. It's amazing, given her age, how well she is healing. I sat in her living room on Sunday and couldn't stop looking at her. Not because of her bruising but because of her beauty. All of it. All the way to her core. She is an Icon. Much bigger than a celebrity in our parts. People have stopped by or sent cards or called from just about every corner of the universe. I'm so lucky to have come from such wonderfulness. (is that a word? Well it is now)

Still snowing almost every day. We had another major storm over the weekend and now we are in line for an ice storm. Snow, Ice....WHATEVA.

Sam and I dug out the oil tank this morning. I had called my fuel company and had them take me off automatic delivery hoping to gain a little more time to get it cleaned out but the only thing I gained was another 25 inches worth of snow to shovel. Go figure.

My Name is Boo and I am addicted to EBA.Y. I have ordered more than my fair share of Yan.kee Cand.les from Eba.y. I've been a very bad Boo. I am getting some fantastic deals and I can use these items as gifts (if I could only part with them).

My rideshare program is going great. We now have a third person riding as well. I'm saving money!!! Woo Hoo.

Really I AM saving money. Not only have I reduced my driving expenses but I have been hanging steady with the bi-monthly contributions to my new savings account. It helps that I do this automatically and I can't remember my PIN number so I can't access my account right now. Even if I could access it, I would still be good and leave it alone. I must, after all it was a promise I made to me and I can't lie to me, right?

Need to know info:

132 inches of snowfall in Boo country since July 1, 2007 That is 11 Feet!!! Holy deepness Batman.

5 days until Daylight Savings Time. I totally buy into this as being a first sign of Spring. Sam buys into the idea for snow melt. I didn't know how to break it to him that the only thing that changes is the clock and not the actual day.

16 Days until the Technical start of Spring.

21 Days until Red Sox opening day- the Official start of Spring.

39 Days until Shelby's birthday. It's on a Sat this year. We'll be partying like it's 1999. Y'all are invited and it's BYOP....Bring Your Own Pet. Shelby loves all animals so you can bring a dog or cat or hamster or chicken to party it up with Shelbs. (Yes I will have another party for her this year)

40 Days until Sam's birthday. He and Shelby will celebrate together. My dilema is Who's name should be first on the birthday cake? "Happy Birthday Shelby and Sam" Hehe. Poor Sam.

Sam and I are starting jigsaw puzzle number 7 (I think) Thank goodness for somethihng to do on all these snowy days.

It has started raining. Will turn to sleet soon..... Winter SUCKS!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

11 fucking feet of snow????????????? That's just NUTZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When that melts you'll cause your own high tide!

So glad your Mammy is doing so well! :)

I don't know how you do your puzzles, but we've started bagging the pieces up and putting away the box - then a few weeks later assemble it without the pic on the box to help - 'tis entertaining!

LisaBinDaCity said...

I guess if I had all that snow I would be addicted to EBAY too ;-)

Glad your Mammy is well!!!

Cin said...

We had our bit of the freezing rain. We were lucky though! Other parts of town lost power. I will be so glad when Spring is here!

P.S. Yankee Candles are addictive!!!!