Thursday, March 6, 2008

Wanting a secret

Our company is giving out a Performance Based Incentive (PBI). They have done this for the last couple of years. It's a nice little perk and I am greatful for any amount the board of directors deem fit to give me.

We were told 3 weeks ago that the board had approved the PBI this year and they have periodically over the last 3 weeks dropped little tidbits regarding the amount we are eligible for. The directors have been instructed to inform us individually as to what our personal PBI amount will be and this should be done by March 6. The payout will be in our March 14th check.

It's March 6 and we MAY get this info today. Meanwhile just about the whole rest of the company has been communicated what their bonus will be. No one talks numbers just that they do indeed know and are pleased with the amount. Walking down the hallways you can hear the twitter of bonus talk and see the smug knowing smiles. People making plans. Paying off bills, making new purchases, padding the savings account. Yup...they all know. They can plan. They can dream.

It's not like I can do anything with the money until March 14 but I want a smug secret like everyone else.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good you are getting it, but sux that you don't get to know how much! Pffftttt!

Tammy said...

I am officially in the know.

I am pleased with my PBI now if only Uncle Sam would keep his grubby mitts off it.

Tammy said...

Just so you know Uncle Sam is the IRS and not my Sam. He's going to help me spend a portion of it on a closet organizer. As you know, that's a long time coming.